Wooooo!

Not at this end :-)

20 inch tube and every photo was OK.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Most odd? I'm in 1024x768 and the pics are perfect and don't swamp the screen.

Sorry but the battery on my better camera is defunct and not aquired a new one yet.

They are high profile but it seems they consider a house in the 90k bracket not worth spending time or care on.

Most of the joints are grey in appearence this I believe is a poor joint as when you solder a joint and the joint has moved while cooling is the greying colour.

Yep four unecessary pieces from ceiling to floor.

Time will tell.

Thanks for input Ed, he's trying to get the area manager out but not having much luck now the jobs finalised.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Then you must be using a browser that does image scaling for you.

And that has what to do with joists? ;-)

Depends a bit on how you look at it. Some of the work is untidy, but then again they have taken care to clip pipes at regular intervals, and judging by the line drawn, even used a level to get them straight on the skirting.

No, this is a fairly typical appearance for lead free solder. It never looks as bright as the lead stuff. It does appear that they have wiped the exces flux off after they have cooled as well which is good.

Some people prefer trunking to exposed pipes. Not a fault as such.

I expect you will find Ed is right here. If they were going to leak then they would do it now rather than waiting for winter.

Reply to
John Rumm

Firefox,but doesn't IE do that as well if its ticked in properties?

You'd probably be able to see the woodworm in them. :-)

In a majority of cases the use of a level doesn't always justify it being level by eyesight,which two rads don't look level by sight. :-)

Most of the joints are bright in appearance. :-)

didn't say it was a fault,the gas pipe running down in the corner of the living room wall could have run under the floor to the trunking in the hallway and gone up the wall,this would of then ommited the need for unsightly trunking in the living room. :-)

Not necessarily pressure and use of hot water through the piping constantly will help those joints weaken?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Perhaps some were made with lead solder, depending one who did the joint, and which reel he picked up?

IME if a soldered water pipe joint is bad it will either leak the moment it is pressurised, or the first time it gets hot. Its rare for one to have problems after that unless it is mechanically damaged.

Reply to
John Rumm

You're probably running a browser which auto resizes images to fit in the window.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

OK I'll change my browser setting to use Firefox instead of Mozilla this will probably auto rescale the image.

I live on a different planet for prices. The key question is whether or not the installation is 'temporary'? It is unlikely that installation of central heating can ever be viewed as temporary given the amount of work involved.

Try making some joints yourself. Try using 'green' solder and normal solder. Try moving and not moving the joints on cooling. Try wiping the joints with an old towel before they cool. Find out what makes shiny solder and what doesn't. If the solder ran then the joint is likely fine.

How would you have run them? The key issue is about labour costs not material costs somewhere somebody let them get away with limited reinstatement which they took up gladly.

Does that mean paid?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Nope. The solder is corrosion resistant. Why do you believe they are weaker than any other joints anywhere else in the UK?

It seems that this firm does satisfactory plumbing at the expense of customer satisfaction, especially in the area of making good.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Oooh mine's only 19. I wonder if one of those enlargement patches would give me another 2 inches.

I've found that Safari and IE5 for mac both do actual size but Firefox scales to fit - 33% etc which still means 3 times too big so there.

The plumbing looked like mine - just a bit messy but probably OK, but then I'm a joiner.

cheers Jacob

Reply to
normanwisdom

Nice one john,alas the line was...he took a piece of skirting to see how high he needed to take the pipes. :-)

The3rd Earl Of Derby

In article , The3rd Earl Of Derby writes

Would it be the plastering you did?

Reply to
Mr X

Apparently the area manager has put this down to an apprentice being on the job?

He offered 20GBP compo for new tiles. pmsl

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Where was the client while all this was happening ? Surely, not being on site while having central heating installed is a bit negligent. As is signing it off without checking it *completely*.

Chips.

Reply to
Chips