Wooooo!

I've got a story to tell you about warmer heatings parent co firm,and its not very pleasent.

I'll go round and take somes pics of the bodges and ugly fittings first,thats if I don't fall asleep first.

:-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Have you *really* got f*ck all else to do in your life apart from Usenet?

Reply to
Me here

Fuck, the woodworks creaked.

What? you mean like you do as well.

for your information what I will be posting is valuable information for unsuspecting would be customers who are or might get this firm to install their CH system.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Pay no attention we don't you carry on writing about writing about things you want to write about that's about right for you.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I've got a story to tell you about warmer heatings parent co firm,and its not very pleasent.

And here it is

We went around lifting floorboards where the CH piping was laid and found to our amazement...

5 Floorboards been cut short instead of taking up the whole of the floorboard in one piece,these revealed...no support onto the joist as they were cut an inch or so from the joist...also several badly soldered joints,so bad I reckon he's due for a leak or two in the winter. The conduit running down the wall is just pinned with flathead nails...they have run a length of this conduit and piping down a wall in the kitchen whereby its affixed to a false panel,behind this panel is existing pipework ie the main water pipe and 2 other pipes leading off to the sink(duh! hows the plumber going to fix a leak if one should occur)?

Pipework is running along on top of skirting board to the rads, when there's floorboards that can be lifted and piping run under and then come up to the ends of the rads.

I believe they know how to screw nails in...with an hammer.

Couple of cracks in his kitchen ceiling,this was due to them cutting slots in the joist and wacking the blocks out also with an hammer instead of using a chisle to get a nice clean channel for the pipework.

Some pics here...most are in portrait mode. Sorry for all links.

and when he turns on the hot water tap in the bathroom,next door must think he's using a pneumatic drill

Company...I won't name it outright for obvious reasons,but... :-)

A green/light green reptile found mainly in south america with its habitat being tropical rain forest.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

When you find the name just put... central heating after it into google and go to their site,what a load of codswallop.

That tommy bloke is spouting this "the feeling that you are being treated with respect".

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

|Company...I won't name it outright for obvious reasons,but... :-)

There is no law against telling the truth, particularly if you have good photographic evidence.

They can only complain mildly that you did not give them a chance to put things right.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Ah, but where are the bricked-up turds ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Whats wrong with it? bearing in mind you cant really see a good area of plaster to have the audacity to criticise

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Find out who took the snaps and string him up too - 2048px wide!

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
normanwisdom

Why,you on a modem. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

No, broadband but they're twice the size of my screen and out of focus so you have to scroll about if you really want to look but I coont be bothered!

Reply to
normanwisdom

You must be in 640x480 res then if you have toscroll the pics? most of them pics are sharp must be your monitor out of focus?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

It's covered in dings and wobbles, by the look, and it goes right onto the floor! Are you going to post links to pictures of good areas of plastering?

Unfortunately I can't guess the name of the firm. Is it Lizard? Chameleon? Snake? Common green iguana?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

pmsl at tommys commercial.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

2048 divided by 2 is 1024, which is my screen horizontal res. The maths isn't particularly difficult IMHO.

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
normanwisdom

Nothing wrong with the quality of the pictures displayed on my computer.

Trading Standards need a call about the work I think.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'm in 1280 and I have to scroll around also. 8-(

Apart from the joist(s?) having been notched I see no other irregularities in these pictures. (If the pictures had been sharper and smaller I might have).

All the beef would appear to be along the the lines of "this is untidy". Indeed much of it is. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that these people were toward the top end of the price range although they have done rather little to make good.

Overall the standard of pipework seems fair or better (they have sleeved the pipes where they went through the wall by the sink).

With a job like installing heating from scratch the devil is in the details - especially concerning the level of making good and reinstatement. This firm seems keen on using trucking as an attempt at hiding pipes.

If the solder has run all the way around the joints they are very very unlikely to leak.

- Ed Sirett - Property maintainer and registered gas fitter. The FAQ for uk.diy is at

Gas fitting FAQ
CH FAQ
a Boiler FAQ
Fitting Standards Docs here:

Ed Sirett

I'm using Firefox, and images are automatically resized to fit within the window boundaries, both in the Windows version, and the Linux version, which is nice.

I'm no expert.

The joists picture raises a query in my mind. It looks like the CH pipes are running parallel to, and in contact with some electrical cabling. Presumably, the elevated temperature would shorten the expected lifetime of the cabling, and certainly reduce its safe current carrying capacity. Should the installers have routed the piping like that, or maybe rerouted the 'lectric - or are the various regs silent on this?

Thanks,

SId

Reply to
unopened