Woodworking DVDs

Kind of following on from my NYW post earlier.

Anybody got any good recomendations?

There doesn't seem to be a lot out there.

Learn to use the Internet and it's search engines you total moron, I've already posted a link you the New Yankee site that also has a web shop selling what you want!

Here, I'll post it's URL yet again....

:::Jerry::::

've bought some of each of these

You need a DVD and TV set up able to work with NTSC Region 1 DVDs.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well, you could try asking the chap who made this...

Andrew Gabriel

Just because nobody is paying attention to your rants, there is no need to throw your toys out the pram ;o)

Reply to
:::Tom::::

clear. I've looked for some UK Region 2 PAL DVDs and haven't had much luck. That's what I meant when I said "There doesn't seem to be much out there" - There are some DVDs available, but not a huge selection. Thanks anyway for your contribution.

In that case, you will find little.

There are a few in the books and videos sections on the web sites of Axminster Tools and Rutlands, possibly one or two others.

However, most are rather tired transcriptions of pretty old stuff from ten years ago.

I mentioned the Taunton ones from the U.S. Some of these use distinctly U.S. techniques and equipment such as contractor saws with stacked dado head cutters and twist base routers as opposed to the plunge routers common in Europe and alternative methods to cut dados. Others have minor detail differences such as guide types on bandsaws.

Nevertheless, most remain useful.

I also mentioned the Marc Adams videos. These are well made and tend to cover techniques rather than projects and are broader in nature.

Some of each of these are region 0 (i.e. not attached to a region) but all are NTSC.

Since it is very easy to play NTSC region 1 DVDs on many DVD players and PCs, this should be a non-issue.

An attractive exchange rate and reasonably low cost of shipment if you order several, means that it is no issue to import.

Reply to
Andy Hall

| Kind of following on from my NYW post earlier. | | Anybody got any good recomendations? | | There doesn't seem to be a lot out there.

Skills in woodworking are in the hands rather than the head, so DVDs can only show *what* to do, teaching your hands to do it is another ball game.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Let's report him for spamming the group;-)

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

| | J wrote: | > > Learn to use the Internet and it's search engines you total moron, | > > I've already posted a link you the New Yankee site that also has a | > > web shop selling what you want! | > >

| > > Here, I'll post it's URL yet again.... | > >

| > Yes, you've now posted that link 3 times. | | Let's report him for spamming the group;-)

Remember the Breidbart Index covers cancelable spam

Dave Fawthrop