Wooden window suppliers

Anybody got any suggestions? Any companies to avoid or good experiences? Ta.

Reply to
Adrian

I am just about to have my 3rd job done by Woodland Products of Kingston. You might be out of their area, though.

charles

Just a bit - I'm in the Welsh borders. Sorry, forgot that bit!

Happy to hear about any supply-only outfits.

Reply to
Adrian

I've no idea if they are any good, but do a search for Ron Currie.

Their website used to have some interesting info about rot in timber, which I can't now find, but if you click on the welcome video it leads to other videos demonstrating their windows etc.

Reply to
Bill

Ron Currie, ?Nottingham. See their website and ebay site.

Not a recommendation or warning, but their stuff looks ok.

Reply to
Andrew

Jeld-Wen appear to be the default as-supplied-through-BMs choice. Anybody?

Reply to
Adrian

Yes, I had a couple of big wooden Jeld-Wen sash windows fitted about seven years ago, and they have been fine. One drawback is that they are a bit heavy to open and shut but that's probably just the double glazing.

Reply to
Big Les Wade

timberwindows.com supply engineered timber frames that come with crazy long guarantees (30 years IIRC). We replaced all our windows in our last house with them and they certainly looked as good as new 10 years in.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Connell

They seem to have bought-up Boulton & Paul, who used to be well regarded TTBOMK.

Reply to
Andy Burns