Wooden table restoration?

Hello, I have a Mcintosh circular dining table which is about 4ft diameter. The two semicircular halves slide apart to reveal a mid section and there are matching chairs. My partner wants to bin it for something more modern but I am of a mind to restore it and have the chairs re-upholstered as i think its a fine piece of furniture. The central section of the table has rarely been used and is in near perfect condition. The circular top has a few fine scratches and is probably ingrained with years of wax etc. I'd like to restore the circular top to the same condition as the central section. How can i cut off the years of wax?. Is it a job for a professional restorer?

thanks

joe

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUME>CONFORM>OBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.

tarquinlinbin

The wax can be removed by a wax remover, try Libron, I think they are a brand that does wax removal fluid.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

If it is good quality furniture don't do it beyond a bit of cleaning up. If old the middle section _should_ look different from the exposed bits. Over-restoration can knock off value. If you want new looking furniture buy new furniture. Same with re-upholstery - only do if essential.

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
jacob