wooden floor onto OSB particleboard

I NEED TO PUT A WOODEN PLANK FLOOR (22MM) OVER AN OSB PARTICLEBOARD UNDERLAY. I'VE BEEN READING THAT NAILS FROM A GUN WILL LOOSEN OVER TIME CAUSING SQUEAKS ETC. THE JOISTS BELOW ARE EVERY 2 FEET - IS IT POSSIBLE TO ATTACH THROUGH THE BOARDS WITH SCREWS AT THESE POINTS OR WILL THIS NOT STOP ANY PROBLEMS - HELP! (CHANGING THE OSB FOR PLY IS A DIFFICULT OPTION ). SUGGESTIONS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Reply to
macson

DIDN'T QUITE CATCH THAT.

Reply to
Alex

I ALSO NEED SOME HELP. IT IS ON HERE SOMEWHERE AND I CANNOT FIND IT. IT IS THE CAPSLOCK KEY.

Reply to
justcalledfubar

How thick is the Sterling board (or whatever)? If you can't nail through it (using (say) 2 1/2" nails) it won't hold antyhing on its own. The best things to use IMO are cut brads, which I don't think you'll be able to gun.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

the osb is 18mm thick

Reply to
macson

ho ho, need capslock on for work - keep forgetting to take it off

Reply to
macson

CAN YOU CROSS-NAIL IT?

Reply to
Rob Morley

macson wrote: [...] Ooh, me ears...

Take the time to type properly and you may find people will take the time to read your question.

Reply to
Dave