Wooden door expanded

This is probably a really dumb DIY question... Apologies in advance!

I hung a fire door about 4 weeks ago and haven't got around to varnishing it. Its on a soundproof booth I've built inside my garage so I was eager to get it a really snug fit. Its now expanded so it wont close properly. Can I do anything to get it back to the good fit again without shaving more wood off? I've put a dehumidifier in there for the past week but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I don't want to cut the door down further because if it shrinks back again the gaps will be too big. Any ideas?!

Cheers

James

Reply to
James Varty

Plane it to fit. Use draft excluder foam strip to provide an airtight seal - you can even use it on both sides of the door by adding a flange around the side that doesn't contact the stop.

Reply to
Rob Morley