Wooden bath side panel

...Not if you drink plenty of Guinness

Mike Dodd

Got a dead hard disk kicking around? Open it up and bob's your uncle ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Those ones are being used to reset the max/min thermometer in the greenhouse.

Reply to
Huge

A bit of overkill to move a pin in a glass tube, you could probably drag them underneath the mercury ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , Huge writes

Ah. With mine, I fixed the kick-strip to that back on the main panel (so its all one piece), then screwed though the top of the kick-strip to hold the panel in place. Unless you grovel down on the floor you cant see the screws as they're just below the step formed by the bottom of the main panel. Top edge hooks under the edge of the bath, thanks to a routed rebate.

Reply to
Steven Briggs

From the comfort of your armchair I assume?

regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

It was a joke. "Rare" earth magnets?

Sigh.

Reply to
Huge

Snap fasteners are surprisingly good at holding wooden members. We have a folding table, salvaged from dead father in law's house, which uses them to hold legs together. I was dubious about the strength at first but they work very well. The table is used when camping for the 'kitchen', it is used for food preparation as well as bearing the cooker, 5 gallon water container etc.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

you get a leaky pipe & need to take the panel off at some stage?

Jo

Reply to
Jo

I fitted mine (having constructed it) so that the top of the panel was rammed up under the lip of the bath. The panel was then fixed with brass screws and cup washers at the bottom edge only to blocks I had previously fixed to the floor. I then sealed the top edge wth clear silicone mastic. The only visible fixings are therefore along the bottom edge and almost invisible.

Reply to
Bob Mannix
2 x 2 wood screwed to the floor, and self-adhesive velcro strips fixed to this and the bath side panel. Works a treat. You won't need too much velcro or you won't be able to get it off - I use about 3 x 3 inches in total for the long bit.
Reply to
Colin Cooper