Wood prices

Can anybody point in the direction that has prices (roughly) for hardwood timber 2x8 2x6 2x4, i want to try and find out roughly what a project will cost. many thaks

Reply to
Jason

nog

thanks for that but i have looked there but the b&q website is as good as ever!.

Reply to
Jason

A local timber merchant will probably be cheapest.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "one shed" Toadfoot

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:08:27 +0000 (UTC), "Jason" strung together this:

Builders merchants, diy stores, timber merchants. All of these do wood, try ringing them, you'll also know exactly how much it will cost.

Reply to
Lurch

They have hardwood? If they do I wouldn't trust their prices or quality. Must be timber merchants online but I would expect them to have prices above your local quality timber merchant, not to mention delivery.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

have bought from them once (a deal on offcuts) some time ago

I have no idea how they compare with other stockists but at the time they had what I wanted at a good price.

Tony

Reply to
TMC

The only hardwood I've ever seen in B&Q is those mouldings at an extortionate price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I couldn't find what he was looking for and doubt he will get the same price that a timber yard will do. I'm afraid that the best way to find the yard is in yellow pages and then go there not just phone.

A phone call will estabish they sell hardwood but the way that it comes off the tree means seeing it first hand is still the best way to do business.

That's probably why you won't find many such dealers willing to waste time with the net. I posted recently about going abroad for it. If you are going abroad by car for any other reason, take a roof rack and explore. You will be pleasantly suprised.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Have a look at Lavers

They're a Sheffield company with a few outlets around Yorkshire. If you can't get to one they may deliver.

Reply to
Brett Jackson

What about some of the 'assistants'? Their heads must be something similar!

John

Reply to
John

Hi,

Try:

BTW thier prices include VAT

cheers, Pete

Reply to
Pete C

BTW, what project is the wood for?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

a list of web addressable suppliers.

I use these people a lot (near Wells)

They also have a reasonable on-line price guide.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You could try Richard Potter at

Lobster

Thanks for all your replies much appreciated have called at one builders merchant today and was quoted 8 per foot. The project is for a loft bed (high sleeper) Argos have a nice tubular one at about 298 with mattress and workstation, but fancied building one myself the wood is project is going to be more expensive then the above but I will have the satisfactory of knowing I have done a good job myself.

Thanks again

Reply to
Jason