Wood preservative

We've just bought this garden furniture set:

've used Sikkens on the garage doors and thought it would be good for use on the furniture too but, as its main use seems to be for window frames and doors (I've never heard of or seen anyone use Sikkens for furniture), just wondered if there was any specific reason NOT to use it in this situation?

TIA

Reply to
John