Wood for cutlery draw?

I want to make a very simple cutlery divider to go inside a kitchen draw.
It won't be on display (obviously) but I'd like to make a nice job of it.
What would be the best wood to use ? MDF ? Ply or something else?
Thanks
Roger wrote:

I'd use ply, and varnish it after staining.

Roger wrote:

Ah, excuse please, but vot is "draw"?
be snipped-for-privacy@thai.com! Shop all amazing products and get our special offers!

Perhaps you can draw us a picture of your DRAWER !!!!!
Andrew Mawson wrote:

or even (with)draw the drawers that are in your drawer

Jeepers - I really must stop sniiffing that brush cleaner...
On 6 Nov 2003 03:13:45 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com (Roger) wrote:

Beech.
MDF doesn't like moisture. Ply has edges that need to be hidden. If you do use ply, use a good grade of birch ply.
TBH, I'd buy one. It's the sort of job that's much easier to make by the thousand, and "artisan handwork" adds little to it.
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 16:11:10 +0000, Andy Dingley

Hopefully he will dry the cutlery before re-placing it ;-)
I suppose he should consider what other finishes are in the kitchen and try to match or complement them.
Its such a fiddly little amount I'd just use whatever I had in the off-cuts box.
He would probably best see what is available and select from that rather than go off with too firm a notion of what he wants.
Paul Mc Cann
(Roger)

WHY???
Mary