Wood floor underlay & other tips needed please.

Ok. Wood floor over concrete floor

I Know I need a DPC. Do I need to tank the floor or will a polythene DPC suffice.

Underlay, what's the best and or most cost efficient ? I know these are unlikely to be one and the same thing !

Bearing in mind the planks are 14mm thick already, I don't really want to use the 6mm underlay you find in the sheds. I've seen rubberised, foam type and

various fibre tiles, some with reflective coatings.

Ive seen on the web something called 'Red Rosin Paper' which looks ideal. Is this ok to use under wood, i.e. better than a foam underlay ? and where would

I get it wholesale in the UK ?

The flooring is a tongue and groove, rather than a click system. OK to use standard Evostik wood glue, or do I need the 'special' wood floor glue

Securing the 1st (datum) plank. What's best. Nail, screw, glue, other ?

Anything else to watch out for ? I'm a pretty good woodworker ...

Thanks

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy

Come on chaps, I want to have a go at this, this weekend. Any flooring experts, FAQ's or resouces I should look at ?

Thanks

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy

We're up to here with the purchases :

I've gone for an industrial polythene DP layer.

I've gone for the cheapy 3mm white foam stuff

Have I done wrong ?

I take it the ploythene can go straight onto the cement subfloor. Will this perforate over time ?

Still could do with some pointers. Google is not proving to be my friend on a quick and easy how to and it's not in the FAQ.

Chewers

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy