Wood-effect melamine board: Where can I find thicker boards?

The type sold by B&Q and similar stores is quite thin, about 15 - 16 mm. Where could I get 19 - 20mm thickness? I'm looking for beech effect.

MM

Reply to
MM

Probably the cheapest solution would be 'thin' kitchen worktops, but may not be wide enough.

You could always go for the 'real' thing and go for veneered MDF, beech veneer is around £45 for a 19mm 2400x1200mm sheet (veneered both sides).

Most timber merchants will order it for you.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Gibson

Some timber merchants sell it. Silvermans are an importer/distributor

only sell large quantities but they do list wood effect melamine on chipboard and mdf in thicknesses up to 30mm. A google on the brand names may throw up a retailer near you.

Dave

Reply to
David Shepherd

As David said, a lot of timber merchants sell it, try a Google search. Problem I've found is that they will only sell 8 x 4 sheets and charge a fortune for delivery, so unless you can somehow collect it works out expensive.

Dave

Reply to
Dave