women and their logic, curtain poles

We need to get a 14 foot curtain pole, you know the round wooden type. Now this is not a readily available size and they would probably have a join in the middle. So I suggest we go to a timber place and buy a long round pole or even a rectangular piece of wood and I could easily make it an oval, I can stain it varnish it whatever needs doing and then just find some attractive `ends` for it....job done and probably a fraction of the price.

Oh No! that wouldnt be proper curtain poles says she! I need to by some proper ones. Fekc me I give up.

Reply to
ss

Make one, then tell her you bought it specially at a silly price.

Reply to
NT

Make one, then tell her you bought it specially at a silly price.

Good idea is getting a pole from a timber place is that. The poles at B&Q etc are overpriced crap.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

ss,

You must still be a learner at (I assume) wedded bliss. I gave up trying to 'persuade' SWMBO about "logic" around 45 years ago - and made life a lot easier for myself. LOL

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Point out that with the money saved she can buy some new cushion covers.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

or shoes .............

Reply to
kent

You don't _buy_ cushion covers, you _make_ them! (This is uk.d-i-y.)

Reply to
S Viemeister

I can imagine that argument going down so well with Mrs SS. (Unless she's of the Mary persuasion of course)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

My Grandad made shoes, boots, gloves, and bags for the family, after tanning the hides of the rabbits and deer he provided for Granny to cook.

Reply to
S Viemeister

At last poor Iorric, she nailed him well.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Wuz youse poor but 'appy?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You're lucky she didn't insist on plastic curtain rails, with heavy curtains they bend and jam the cords, that's before they break and you have to bodge it with gaffer tape.

Reply to
Alexander Keys

Very, on both counts.

Reply to