Wolf oscillating mult tool

Hi hope you can help, i have been given a Wolf Oscillating Multi Tool but hte blades etc are on their last legs. i have seen on e bay many people offering blades etc but the fitting seems to be different on the wolf too anything else out there ( like Bosch, Fein etc).

1) - Does anyone know wherei can get new blades etc 2) - Does anyone know whether i could get an adaptor to suit the Bosch/Fein fitting as these seem more readily avaiable.

Hope you can help

Reply to
mark harrison

It would help if you uploaded a photo or described the fitting. It's unlikely it's unique.

If you want to pay through the nose, you can buy blades from the UK distributor:

's general information on compatibility on the UK.D-I-Y FAQ:

there's also information on there about an adaptor, although it's unlikely you'd need to go down that route.

Several people on UK.D-I-Y (which, incidentally, is a newsgroup which you can access directly with a newsreader, or via Googlegroups here:

) instead of going through DIYbanter, have used an ebay seller called Speciality Diamond:

Wolf tool looks like a clone of the Mastercraft / Aldi Powercraft version, and the twelve holes in the blades on the distributors website are a common fitting so you shouldn't have any problem sourcing reasonably priced blades on ebay.

There's a magazine review of various brands of blade here and the previously mentioned Speciality Diamond come out of it well:

you look at the blade hole configurations in those photos, Bosch, VersaTool, Bite, Dremel, Exchange-A-Blade, Fitzall, Imperial, Genesis, Kent and Oshlun would all fit the Aldi Powercraft pin configuration.

Reply to
mike

Googel for 'Saxton Blades'.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

given a Wolf Oscillating Multi Tool

Lidl have a mains multitool and some blades coming up on 7th feb

did you replace your failing Bosch with Dave?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Thanks for the heads up, the fitting is the 12 hole type. glad i can get replaced, was wondering that ihad been given a pup.

Mark

Reply to
mark harrison

given a Wolf Oscillating Multi Tool

I didn't in the end. I decided to take it apart & look. Plugged it in first & it piggin worked. No idea what the fault was, one day it didn't work, then it di - and still does.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Got a cheapo one a couple of weeks ago for 28 euros at one of the local sheds but will be buying some of the Lidl 10 euro blades next week. Having had some use from the cheap one I'm happy!

John

Reply to
JTM