wiring safe zone + surface wired

Here's a nice little one. I have a cable running horizontally and surface wired. It then keeps going in the same direction, but disappears behind some plasterboard. I need to make the bit behind the PB a safe zone, and I guess the cable itself is not enough. What is the most basic accessory (can be ugly, will be behind kitchen units) that can be fitted around an already clipped cable that will not break the cable, and will create, say, a 50mm safe zone ? Or in this situation, can you just put a sign up with arrows, saying, this is a safe zone, "there is a cable here" etc. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

blanking plate on surface pattress box. Pattresses can be sawn so it doesnt affect the cable.

Reply to
Tabby

Is it an RCD protected cable?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yes its is RCD protected. There are 2 cables routed like that, a 2.5mm ring and 1.5mm lighting circuit. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Then go with Tabbys idea.

Or just don't bother about it:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Blanking plate and some instant grab adhesive (eg Sticks Like Sh**). Simplzzz

Reply to
davidm_uk

Is the surface wiring going to be easily visible? If so, although it may not be to regs, I'd say its presence and the direction it disappears into would be a more likely to indicate to a layman where a hidden cable may be than an accessory is! How many people putting up a picture would actually know about safe zones? They may be a lot more worried about where a cable that they can see goes after it disappears.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Yes it's a good point. All of this is faily academic anyway, since the "surface wired" and hidden wiring is all behind kitchen base units. The wiring was all done before plasterboading, and the "surface wired" parts are where there will be no plasterboard (no point, more space for pipes etc). Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson