wiring question

Is there any reason why the cooker hood power (extractor and light) cannot run off the same circuit as the cooker itself?

I would put in a separate isolation switch for the hood rather than just having one for both.

I am using 6mm T&E for the cooker supply.

Cheers

Martin

Reply to
Martin Carroll

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:50:13 +0100 someone who may be Martin Carroll wrote this:-

You also need a fuse. The cooker circuit will probably be fused at

30/32 or perhaps 45A, the instructions for the hood will almost certainly say that it must be fused at 3/5/6A.

In order to allow enough space for wiring I would fit an oblong cooker switch with a switched fused connection unit above or below . It is possible to try and squeeze into a smaller space, but I think this a false economy.

Reply to
David Hansen