wiring appliance direct into junction box

Hi

Is it acceptable to wire an aerial amp straight into a junction box on a 5A lighting circuit, or must I add a FCU or plug/socket?

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Whether it's allowed or not, with an unswitched FCU and box coming in at around three quid, wouldn't you prefer having a 1A fuse protecting this thing that you're probably going to hide out of sight and smell, probably close to wooden rafters? :-)

Ben.

Reply to
Ben Schofield

On 20 Apr 2004 14:53:11 -0700, in uk.d-i-y snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) strung together this:

Short answer, no. The installation instructions will more than likely specify a 3A fuse maximum and the regs require an isolator for the amp, (fixed appliance). I would fit a FCU with 3A fuse, a standard socket is argued against as someone could come along in the future and plug a heater or similar into it.

Reply to
Lurch