Wiring access through ceiling plasterboard

I have a room with very difficult access to underfloor. If I want to change ceiling wiring underneath this room is it normal practice to simply cut away the ceiling plasterboard for access points, re-wire, then make good plasterboard and skim?

Any advice please!

Graham

Reply to
Graham Dean

Yup, it is certainly acceptable, and an often overlooked option!

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks - looks like that's my option then!

Graham

Reply to
Graham Dean