Wiring a shower affixed to a plasterboard partition-wall.

I'm installing a shower onto a 'plasterboard - stud - plasterboard' partition wall. Does the (10mm) cable have to be protected in any way, by conduit for example?

Or is it like fitting electrical sockets where there is an implied safe zone horizontally and vertically in line with height and width of the shower respectively, so no protection required?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
clangers_snout

No.

Yes, and also you will have 30mA RCD protection on the circuit...

Reply to
John Rumm

What are you thinking putting a shower onto a plaster board wall for duh

"John Rumm" wrote >> I'm installing a shower onto a 'plasterboard -

Reply to
knightinrustyarmour

Why not?

It's often the only option if the bathroom is surrounded by stud partition walls. If green (water-resistant) plasterboard is used, and tiled over, it's perfectly ok. The pipes and cables can be hidden inside the stud wall. Very neat - done it myself on several occasions!

Reply to
Roger Mills