Wiring a Salus RT500 Wireless

Can anyone help me please. I would like to replace my wired Honeywell thermostat with the above wireless model and I would like to confirm the wiring with someone in the Know.

Reply to
The Property Doctor

"The Property Doctor".... Seriously?

Dare one ask your specialty?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

A big mistake made by some tradesmen and other types of 'expert' is that they are afraid to ask for technical advice because they try to maintain the absurd pretence that they know it all. No-one can know everything there is to know, even about a relatively small field like property repair. There are so many products on the market, so many different technologies, that often the sensible thing to do is to ask. The worst thing (and don't we see it a lot, boys and girls) is the guy who goes in and tries to do the job with inadequate knowledge. That is a stupid, arrogant, thing to do, and it often ends in tears.

If in doubt, ask.

Regarding dealing with customers, follow the advice of the wisest school teachers. If a child (think customer) asks a question to which you don't know the answer, do not bullshit, for you will surely come a cropper, and there's nothing worse than coming a cropper in front of 35 little sods. Just say, "That's a good question. I'll see if I can find out."

Never, ever, when talking to a customer pretend knowledge that you do not have.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

??

So nothing directly relevant there Bill ;>)

As a further aside:- it seems that there are indeed people posing as "competent" people considering taking on jobs that they aren't even able or bothered to google the most basic of information about?!

FFS the stat in question only has 3 terminals...

(Using a name like "Property Doctor" on an internet discussion group compounds their ineptitude IMHO - unless there is skulduggery afoot?)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

It actually has four. live neutral common NO

Reply to
dennis

Return it and get something decent. I used to have one and found it very poor; not very intuitive, flimsy and rather inaccurate.

Reply to
gremlin_95

Ah.. correct - the "Salus RT500 RF" has those you mentioned.

(I goggled "Salus RT500 wireless" & evidently lost the "wireless" bit in the resultant goggle "meander").

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K