Wiring a honeywell rlv430 thermostat

I have a old mercury thermostat connected to a Burnham Electric Boiler(120/240 voltz)60htz single phase 3wire system but only 2 wires(red an white the blue wire is not connected to anything)are connected.The honeywell was 2 black wires.I tried connecting red to 1 an white to the other nothing happened,so I reversed them an the same.No digital lights.So can anyone tell me the right way to connect the wires?

Reply to
Tryit1st

"Tryit1st" wrote

theres your problem, your using 120 volts at 60Hz, where as everyone else on this group is using 230 volts at 50Hz, which is the normal single phase voltage in this country.

Reply to
Gazz