Wiring a dimmer switch....

Page 3 of 3
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 04:31:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@telling.you (Lurch) wrote:

I already made the point as to why I provided a small amount of additional information for future reference. That is perfectly reasonable.
You are the one who is making the whole thing into something far larger than intended.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Flooz is now very confused..... (wonder if it's a woman thing......)

it wont matter which wire goes into which terminal as it will work ok

You've not come across a dimmer with a two way switch, then?
(ducks)
--
*He who laughs last has just realised the joke.

I'm afraid i'm a typical woman.... Wired one of these things on before, and got a shock, hence my hesitation...
Some nice bloke at B&Q told me how to do it before, but i've forgotten.....
Got a feeling he said that whatever wire is currently in the Com terminal should go to the 'live' terminal on the new switch, but can't honestly remember.
One good thing is.... I now know how this newgroup works - well, sort of! Wish me luck, will try and wire switch on tomorrow.
Thanks for all the assistance received............ watch out for my next problem <:-0
London SW 12

London SW 12

answers your question. The rest, even I'm becoming confused!
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

i agree !!! :-)) lol

Dimmer switch now safely installed and working fine. Many thanks for assistance.

That's why the OP is confused, because of the simplistic, non-specific advice from Mr DIY shop. ;-) Doesn't matter anyway, I posted the answer that solves the problem months ago.
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.
lol yea i noticed keeps um off the streets