Wireless thermostat

Any recommendations and/or don't touch with the proverbial?

Reply to
The Other John

Next doors is a nightmare.

Reply to
Capitol

If you are after a programmable one then this one is worth considering:

It is a Honeywell under the cover, and around a third of the price of a similar one with a Honeywell badge.

Bought it a few months ago after if was recommended here to replace a dead Honeywell CM927, and it works as it should.

Reply to
JoeJoe

room-thermostat/

That looks interesting - thanks.

Reply to
The Other John

In what respect? Radio/TV interference? Phantom operation of *your* CH?

Reply to
The Other John

Loses connection. followed by logic failure. Has to be restarted from scratch. Can't remember the make, it's rebranded BG.

Reply to
Capitol

I bought this over a year ago and no complaints.easy to programme.

ss

I bought one badged as Honeywell and it was £55 three years ago. It works fine. Never had a problem with it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I too am looking for a wireless programmable one that does not need to be f ixed in one position rather one that can be moved from room to room. At pre sent our existing one is in the lounge but we have a 2nd reception room whi ch has a conservatory attached, in this room there is a noticeable temp dro p as the evening progresses. Once the CH system goes into heat maintenance mode not enough heat gets to this 2nd room to keep it comfortable. I know t he ideal solution would be to have a second circuit but to do so would be v ery disruptive and costly hence the movable thermostat. To avoid the lounge getting too hot with the thermostat placed in the 2nd room we already have a TRV on the lounge radiator which we keep on its max. setting to avoid i t conflicting with the thermostat and we have TRVs on all but the bathroom radiator.

You might ask why not permanently place the thermostat in this 2nd room wit h it being the coldest and rely on the TRVs to maintain comfort levels else where? The reason for that is this room is not always used in the evenings so I am quite happy at times for it to be cooler than ideal rather than hea ting up an empty room. It is really for the occasions when both reception r ooms are used that I need this arrangement.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

We use an (ancient) battery-powered Danfloss wireless programmable thermostat which was designed to be fixed to a wall but works happily enough without. I can't see why any other should not do so equally well.

I screwed ours to a small piece of board (a) to keep the battery cover and (b) reduce the risk of a determined user getting it down the back of a sofa ;)

Reply to
Robin

Mine occasionally needs to be totally reset after a thunderstorm,. otherwise reliable

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A smart phone controllable 'stat - Nest and suchlike?

Reply to
RJH

Sorry - senior moment. The battery cover is on the front. The board was to cover the "keyholes" on the back for the screws in a wall which would have allowed all sorts of things to get onto the circuit board.

Reply to
Robin

Did you replace the relay box as well, or use the Plumbcenter controller with the old Honeywell relay box?

My MILs CM927, about 5 years old, has lost the units digit on the temperature display, although otherwise seems to be working ok. I know that there have been display problems with the CM927 in the past, but had hoped they'd been fixed by the time I bought that one.

Reply to
Davidm

Well - what functionality do you want?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Programmable - same every day of the week.

Reply to
The Other John

I did, but there was no need as the receiver units are identical.

Reply to
JoeJoe

The reason I'm looking for a wireless one is because my Honeywell CM901 wired one (3 years old) has just gone faulty - it says the room temperature is 40C (with the heating off). I've tried factory reset - no change and I've left the batteries out for a day in the hope that it might revert to normality but no change. This is the second CM901, the first one didn't work out of the box! So I'm a bit wary of Honeywell. Salus units seem to get mixed reviews from 5 star to 1. I'll just have to keep looking and make up my mind before the frosts set in.

Reply to
The Other John

Some of the lcd displays on Honeywell gear has prematurely failed according to some friends of mine but the unit still worked so to speak. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

room-thermostat/

I did the same (after recommendation from this NG).

I didn't bother to change the controller and the thermostat connected up fine and seems to be doing O.K.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David