Wireless temperature and humidity sensors

I'm after some inexpensive wireless temp+humidity sensors that can be interfaced with linux *easily*.

No time for soldering - but I will do the programming.

Best I've found to date are the Arexx system:

Combined with an Arexx BS-1000 LAN base.

The BS-1000 is a fair price, but the sensors are rather expensive (need/want

5).

The next best idea was a TFA Dorstmann weather station where the sensors are £20.

That can be jacked in via USB to a computer.

Just wondered if there were any others? Open wireless protocol like z-wave would be cool.

Cheers,

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

What's it for? There's some beekeepers who have been testing such a system to measure info inside the hives.

Reply to
mogga

On Monday 23 December 2013 10:58 mogga wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Just general monitoring around the house - including shed and roof spaces (hence the interest in humidity).

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

You can get external temperature/humidity probes for APC UPSes, don't know how cheap they are to purchase individually, or whether they could be re-purposed?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Plugging together rather than soldering, but Arduino, DHT11 sensors and z-w ave/zigbee/wifi modules?

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

On Monday 23 December 2013 14:49 Adam Aglionby wrote in uk.d-i-y:

That's rather interesting - I can program ATMegas too :)

The DHT11 says "0-50C" - is that actually true or is it because the humidity sensor won't work below 0C?

Reply to
Tim Watts

DHT11 fixated , just got couple in post.

Marginally more expensive DHT22 goes down to -40C

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

On Monday 23 December 2013 19:15 Adam Aglionby wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Thank you - that will be researched :)

Reply to
Tim Watts