Wireless Room Thermostat

We have a roomstat in the hall but would much prefer a stat in the lounge diner for a steady temperature in there. No easy way of running a cable.

All we really wanted is a wireless thermostat that we can manually set but I note a lot can be pre-set for different temperatures at different times on different days.

Any recommendations?

Is there a wireless unit that would replace both the roomstat and the programmer which looks pretty old and will not work off a backup battery.

At present we have a Glow Worm 24hxi condensing boiler Drayton Tempus 7 time controller for water and heating Honeywell roomstat of some basic sort in the hall Thermostat on the hot water cylinder Usual motorised valve to distribute to radiators/cylinder as required

TIA for any ideas

Reply to
Invisible Man

You need to decide if you really need to time your hot water - I don't. It is left on 24 x 7

If you agree then programming different temps is better than switching off. Setting the temp during times the house isn't occupied to about 15 degrees is as good as off - you don't really want it any colder in my opinion.

Reply to
John

In article , Invisible Man writes

IMHO the Honeywell CMT927 is the business, really a programmable room stat but I have the H/W on 24/7 (with manual override) so that does not upset me.

The stat sits beside us and can be manually adjusted in seconds if needs be. It has simple buttons, a large LCD display and is programmable by technophobes. It appears to control to +/-0.5 degree which many claim but few deliver, IME the cheapies really aren't as good.

Currently 95quid from

which is where I got mine.

Reply to
fred

fred wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@y.z:

Invisible Man

stat in the

easy way of running a

can manually set

temperatures at different

roomstat and the

off a backup battery.

radiators/cylinder as required

programmable room

I also got a Honeywell CMT927 and it is excellent. You need to decide whether you want the 7-day version (for working people?) or the one day version (which is easier to programme and change).

DAvy

Reply to
Davy

The one day version (CM921) doesn't have the very useful "party" function which allows you to override the temperature setting for a selected number of hours . I don't know how much simpler the 1 day one is to program but the 7 day one is quite straightforward anyway. We run the same programme every day on our CM927 and it was a simple matter to copy the first day to the rest of the days of the week. There doesn't seem to be much price difference between them so the 7 day one looks like the better choice.

Reply to
Mike Clarke