Wireless Room Stats - Any good?

Hello all,
I want to install a room stat into the new house. I am ok with simple wiring, but wouldn't particulary want to run long wires to the room with the stat, so a wireless one seems like a good idea. Are they any good? My thoughts on things like wireless alarms and wireless doorbell are that they are not that brilliant. I am looking at the CM67 - RF from Honeywell http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Room_Therm ostats_by_Honeywell_1184.html as I really like the idea of having the house warm up by a given time rather than coming on at a set time. The house can get chilly sometimes and quite warm at others, this would be a good feature. Has anyone tried one of these and have any views?
Cheers Mike

the
they
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Room_Therm
house
feature.
I have the non-RF version that works very well. As regards the RF side of things I have an RF cylinder-stat that works just fine. Check-out these guys as well. http://www.rkm-heating-controls.co.uk/Prices.html I have had excellent service in the past Rgds Alec
Hibbert wrote:

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Room_
We have a non-optimising CM67RF in our church and it works well - it replaced another make, whose name temporarily escapes me, which had the unfortunate habit of dropping the radio contact and not restoring it: bad news in a church when you walk in at 1010 and it's stone cold.
At home I've got a non-RF optimising CM67 but I've just killed the optimising bit (it's an installer-configurable setting). It was probably doing what it claimed but I would find the heating running when IMO it was unnecessary: for me, if I walk in and the rads are warm and the temperature is increasing I don't really care whether it is 17 or 21. YMMV: as the optimising versions are only a few pounds more and (as I have done) you can kill it later, give it a go.
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:39:46 GMT, Mike Hibbert wrote:

Quite happy with my Danfoss TP75 RF. It has lost communication a couple of times in several years but changing the battery cures that. Not that the LO BATT indicator was on mind...

The TP75 (I think now superceeded by the TP7000 series, check the Danfoss site where you can get installtion and user manuals) has this feature "optimised start" I think they call it. Works well here with a heating system that has a long (90mins) lead time, in a modern well insulated house that takes less than 30mins to warm up from say 15C it might not be so important.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Lawrence
usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk

Got one - love it. 'nuff said !
--

Regards.

Nick Pitfield ( snipped-for-privacy@nickpitfield.com)
Mike Hibbert wrote:

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Room_Therm
I fitted on a year ago to a combi boiler in a flat. Its been very good and packed with more features than the user can get to grips with :-) Doddle to fit.

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Room_Therm
Hello ,
I ordered one yesterday, so I'm glad you reckon on it being good.
When you say a doddle, is it really that simple?