wireless home alarm over broadband?

Hi all, Looking at the Response range of wirefree alarms as an option for our new house-I've had one of their basic wirefree options for the last 6 years and it's been ok. But I'd like to move up to one that can offer zones.Any thoughts/recommedations or web links. Also, most of the alarms on the market seem to offer callback/mobile phone contact.Have any advanced onto the IP level -that is, they offer a connection to a broadband router to use email, web page updating of any incidents rather than dual-up

Thanks

Reply to
stewart dunn

Hi all, Looking at the Response range of wirefree alarms as an option for our new house-I've had one of their basic wirefree options for the last 6 years and it's been ok. But I'd like to move up to one that can offer zones.Any thoughts/recommedations or web links. Also, most of the alarms on the market seem to offer callback/mobile phone contact.Have any advanced onto the IP level -that is, they offer a connection to a broadband router to use email, web page updating of any incidents rather than dial-up?

Thanks

Reply to
stewart dunn

I suspect you can do much of this with Comfort. I'm not very up-to-date with what it offers, but last time I looked, one of the options was a Linux PC card with ethernet connection. I kind of rolled my own using a PC interfacing to a serial port on the alarm, although they do also Windows supply software for doing this (I didn't want a Windows system performing that role though).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:33:50 GMT, stewart dunn strung together this:

As Andrew says, Comfort is one such system. You'll find that IP based signalling devices are more in the home automation arena than domestic security products. Have a google and see what you come up with. Depends how far you want to go, you could speend thousands if you wanted.

Reply to
Lurch

Andrew is right Comfort can do this, take a look at

gives you the flexibility to for example on trigger event start recording cctv cameras to hard disk ... call you on mobile, and you can look at cameras in real time or history on disk form any internet connection ....... globally.

Rick Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes