Wireless CH/HW Programmer

Hi all,

I am looking for inspiration!

I currently have a Danfoss FP715 Programmer (which is working perfectly well!)

I need to re-locate this as it will not be accessible - wife wants to put a book case in front of it!

There are no suitable adjacent places where it will fit and moving the wiring will be a pain in the A*se - so I am looking for a wireless product that I can fit in a convenient place without having toi do serious re-wiring.

I have space on the back of a false wall to position and wire in the wireless sender - but this is not suitable for the programmer.

Does anyone have any suggestions ( I've tried to talk her out of moving the book case ... but).

Thanks in advance,

Kev

Reply to
awtltd

The sender doesn't need wires. The receiver is usually located near the boiler to allow easier wiring to the boiler.

Reply to
dennis

Aplogies - I meant receiver

Kev

Reply to
awtltd

Not quite sure what you're asking. Do you mean you want a wireless thermostat and no separate programmer? I've got a Honeywell CMT927 which is great and acts as a programmer and thermostat. You leave the boiler on 24/7 and the tell the thermostat what temperatures you like at what time of day, and it takes care of it.

Cheers!

Martin

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

So you need to move the programming side from where it is to some where accessable without re-wiring.

I assume the current room stat will remain accessable and is in a sensible place. Replace that with a wired programmable thermostat, wiring out the switches that were in the programmer. This gives both temperature and time control for the heating.

Time and temperature control of the hot water has me stummped at the moment you can find wireless cylinder stats but I've not found one that does both temperature and time control.

I've not thought this fully through but you might be able to move the exsiting controller nearer and accessable to the cylinder stat and use the orginal cylinder stat and programmer wiring for connections back to the boiler. This will require 3 core and earth between the existing programmers location and cylinder stat (Live feed, switched live back, neutral and earth).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Martin,

What I would like to do in the ideal world is take my FP715 programmer and move it to a different location.

This is not practical as routing the wiring is not easy.

So, If I can get a wireless replacement for the FP715 I can position this in the new location.

This would have to "talk" to the boiler in the same way as the FP715 does except wirelessly.

So I would need a receiver that can be wired to the boiler (and can be sited behind the false wall I mentioned)

Kev

Reply to
awtltd

Thanks,

I guess this is really answering my question - there does not exist a wireless 2 channel (CH/HW) programmer

Unless someone knows different.

Kev

Reply to
awtltd

Wireless 2 channel programmers exist, Danfoss go up to three channels IIRC. The sticking point is the temperature control of the HW. I don't know of a system with wireless tank stat and wireless programmer.

TBH if your tank stat wiring is three core and earth then I don't think you need to go wireless at all. Wires work, wireless is not 100% reliable and you have batteries to worry about.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hi Dave,

It's not "that bit of the ship" that is the issue Dave

All the wiring before the programmer can remain unchanged - the issue I have is the position of the programmer - to which I think there are only 4 (maybe 5) wires.

This has to be moved to a place where wiring is difficult.

In my tiny mind this should not be rocket science - am I missing something?

Kev

Reply to
awtltd

So you replace the current room stat with a wired programmable room stat, this provides time and much better temperature control for the CH. Conventional room stats require 3 core and earth (live, neutral, switched live and earth).

Move the current programmer to the airing cupboard and wire the cylinder stat, with new cable, direct to it using heat proof cable and use the existing (hopefully 3 core and earth) cylinder stat cable to get the required live, neutral, switched live and earth to and from the existing wiring.

In the location of the old programmer you need to connect together the wires that would be connected when the CH is on and likewise when the HW is on. The live neutral and earth can be parked, seperately, inside a terminal block, though you may have to feed live and neutral up to the cylinder stat, it depends where the other end of the existing cylinder stat cable ends up.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice