Wireless cameras on Ebay

Yes. Amounts to approximately 30% of the value of the goods (VAT plus import duties etc), plus possible £10 or so "admin charge". Of course, this is only relevant if enfourced by customs/PO or during a spot check. This is for goods over £18 only, so of course sellers may fill in the customs slip incorrectly.

Reply to
Happy Hunter

What are these wireless things (eg item 5792478541) like to wire up? I see the three cables hanging out the back there and think, mmm one is for power in and then er um... :-) ie how do I get the picture from camera to pc video capture card?

Reply to
dave

composite cable which plugs into the reciever then into you capture card in the PC. I ain't got a clue what the plug on the end of the camera is though? I thought the camera was supposed to send pics to the reciever via wireless?

Reply to
ben

Ha! I see it now the camera plugs into the reciever (video out)I would have thought it was (Video in)and then you tune the knob at the top, till you get a pic on your television

Reply to
ben

Now this is worth the price if they recieved it :-) you can plug 4 cameras in and have random access to each camera around the house.

Reply to
ben

That's why I mentioned mine was "wired". The conections are power in, video out, audio out (yes it has a built-in microphone too).

-- LSR

Reply to
Elessar

But item 5792478541 isn't a wireless type..

Reply to
O.B.

Whatever it was, it is no more :-) I get... "This listing (5786520) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available"

Reply to
dave

Some form of radio signal around the home will knock them cameras out though...digital phone, maybe?

Reply to
ben

Take the open and closed brackets away from the link. someone said the link dont wrap if you do this. pffft!

Reply to
ben

Well it works sometimes ;-). It's actually a hint that RFC compliant newsreaders *should* use to reassemble a wrapped URL. Some newsreaders don't do it (or don't do it properly...)

Taking the brackets off doesn't help, it still gets wrapped and still fails..

The best way is to follow the link to the 'item does not exist' page, then manually paste or type the remaining digits onto the URL which is now in the address bar.

(Note that 5786520 is only the first part of the item number - you need to add the final '872' to make it work...)

Reply to
PC Paul

I have bought quite a bit of stuff from Hong Kong on ebay and it has all arrived.

Most of it has a price of 1p but a shipping charge many times this. It's purely a way for the seller to avoid ebay charges.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

IME, the quality has been as good as stuff sourced in the UK. After all, most UK sourced stuff is made in China..

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

BUGGER, I thought the duty-free allowance was applied to goods ordered from the States - but you're quite right. Oh well, that £100 EBDII reader's just gone up in price, then.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

However Firefox (and presumably Mozilla) is quite happy to regard embedded CRs as white space in my experience so a wrapped URL works fine if you copy and paste the while lot.

Reply to
usenet

I've noticed that "postal insurance" adds another £2-£4 per item too and it's often not mentioned until you confirm the bid.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Sorry :-(

Notice the extra long brocketed URL still works though... not all bad news lol

Reply to
PC Paul

Was I right? scam

Reply to
ben

It's not a scam if they turn up, is it? They're still much cheaper than UK prices.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Consider a Grand Tec wireless colour camera from CPC with usb i/p, no capture card needed and few wires. Part No was CS09108. Not sure if it's still on offer.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol