Wirefree bell push to wired bell

I have a wirefree door bell system but the chimes are hopelessly quiet for my environment. All those I have tested are similar. I would like to hack into the chime and use it with a relay to operate a traditional loud wired bell. Has anyone done this successfully and know a suitable wirefree chime to modify? (Unfortunately it looks like the one I have produces a pulsed output which won't latch a relay.)

Alterntively maybe there is a product that has a receiver switch instead of a chime?

Duncan

Reply to
Duncan

One with an LED should be fairly simple, use the LED output to drive a transistor to drive a relay,

Or use a small amplifier and more powerful speaker to amplify the audio output.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Space permitting, you could try an "Easy Switch" wall switch transmitter with your choice of button, and use the receiver to operate a mains- powered sounder as loud as you like.

Mike Barnes

Friedland do a wireless bell extender. Transmitter connects to existing bell circuit & uses 1 (or more) standard Friedland wireless bells. I have fitted 2 (in different houses!) with no problems, but take the fitting advice and alter the code on transmitter & receiver to avoid ointerference with others in the locality.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race
[snip]

Friedland used to sell what you want. I used one a few years ago to add an extra wireless push to an existing wired chime. I've no idea if they still sell it. I got mine from B&Q, I think.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Don't know whether you can still get them or not but I was faced with the same problem several years ago and found a wireless door bell from Byron in which the rf circuit directly drives a standard bell - the part number is SX15. It takes a couple of D cells to drive it and I've never had to replace them. Again I think I got it from B&Q for something like a tenner.

In fact here it is

know it's fun trying to solve these challenges but I would suggets this is a no brainer if you can find an outlet for this bell.

Rob

Duncan wrote:

Reply to
robgraham

The Freidland one I've got is well loud, and also flashes a Xenon strobe, and AIUI you can have more than 1 receiver. DG

Reply to
Derek ^