Wired media keyboard

Looks like my trusty Logitech Y-BE22 keyboard (or its no-longer supported software) might be about to fail.

I want a full-size wired keyboard, with media keys, and the LH scroll wheel is also pretty useful. Any suggestions?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Chris J Dixon scribbled

There's one of these on Ebay Logitech Y-BH52 Corded Computer Keyboard

£20ish from the US
Reply to
Jonno

Ideally I'd like a new and fully warranted UK layout keyboard. For the amount of use it gets, I'm not particularly penny pinching.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I've bought keyboards from Maplins in the past and all are still working. The good thing is that you get the chance to check out the feel of the keys before buying which you cann't if buying on line and if you do have a problem they will replace without problems. As you are in Nottingham you have 2 Maplins to choose from.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

The last keyboard I bought was in 1992. I am using it right now. You can probably guess what it is.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Something extremely clunky.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Bob Eager :

A Yamaha DX7?

Marko

Reply to
Marko Rauhamaa

Indeed!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Something that came with a PS/2? (IBM not Sony;-) )

Reply to
Graham.

This one is a couple of years newer, but probably similar. I far prefer it to the 'soft touch' ones on my laptops. But of course it doesn't have 'Windows' keys. And all the better for that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

From 1992 - either an IBM Model M or a Northgate Omnikey.

I've got two Northgate Omnikey's from the same era - still going strong.

Reply to
Rich

As you (like me) are a former IBM engineer I doubt very much that you

*bought* an IBM keyboard!

I still have several classic "buckling spring" ones in the loft.

Reply to
Reentrant

Oho! Perk of the job?

Reply to
pamela

Sorry, never worked for IBM. I have worked for the same employer since

1976 and have just retired! And it wasn't IBM.

Date on keyboard is 1992-02-12. I paid about £130 for it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yup. Model M. I also have one I bought in 1989; I think that's in my workshop on the machine in there.

Actually, I lied, I realise. I have several Model Ms I bought used...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Exactly. I rarely use Windows. Or indeed Linux!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Well, it's IBM but it didn't come *with* a PS/2. You had to buy keyboard and mouse separately.

Reply to
Bob Eager

En el artículo , Bob Eager escribió:

A model M.

Fujitsu made a very nice keyboard to go with their range of PCs. This was in the days when the connector was a 5-pin DIN plug (AT style).

It was sculpted like the model M and 'felt' the same but a lot quieter (less clicky). I was gutted when I spilt a coffee over it and wrecked it.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Bob Eager escribió:

Worth every penny too.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

My older Northgate Omnikey is from late 1991 to early 1992 - so same timeframe/age as yours. I paid (if memory serves) $129 US for it at the time.

Reply to
Rich