Wire cutter reccomendation

Hi,

Can someone recommend a good pair of wire cutters to purchase please? I am looking for something that I will use mainly for electrical wiring around the home and would like it to have a component that strips the protective sheath also.

I bought one from B&Q, their own brand I think, a few years back that looks a bit like a barreless gun that you squeeze the handle to tear off the protective sheath on wiring but it didn't seem to work that well.

Any recommendations welcome,

John.

Reply to
John Smith

One job at a time - get a seperate pair of sidecutters and strippers. Not much to choose with cutters. The best strippers I've found are the cheapo far-east ones you get at cheap tool stalls at markets etc - red metal body with black plastic lever and jaws - there are 2 types, one has an adjustment thumbwheel screw on the back - this is the type you want - the non-adjustable ones are no good.

CPC do them - stock code TL0448022

Picture :
're cheap so buy two as they will break eventually, but before that they work great after you've adjusted them.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Try Kinpex brand, can be got from

and

James Salisbury

Wow. I love Vehicle Wiring Products to bits for stocking all those things you can never get, but I'd never call them cheap.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks again all.

Reply to