Winter Screen Wash

Interesting. I'll have a mess on Tuesday when I take the van in for it's MOT.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I am far too lazy to do that:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Nightjar

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I haven't bought any for a couple of years now but when Halfords have it on offer its by far the cheapest place to buy decent screenwash. It's actually cheaper than buying 20 litre bulk containers from a motor factor (with proper trade discount)

Reply to
The Other Mike

Aye. But I have found the screen wash to be excellent but not as good as it used to be. Over the past 12 months I have used different brands, Halfrauds still comes out on top.

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

He admitted in another post that he's of no fixed abode. Now the meths habit. It's all coming together. Do night hostels have internet access these days?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

explains it

Reply to
ARWadsworth

ah ok, no need for me to get on the outrage bus back to the motor factors then ;-)

Reply to
Vernon

I'll get some tomorrow and give it a go.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Good man. Do not buy the pre-mixed, it's cheaper but goes nowhere.

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Trip to trading standards would be fun. Sounds like counterfeit screenwash to me.

Reply to
bobharvey

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

I just bung 30% methanol in the reservoir.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I bought a 5 litre bottle of concentrate from CPC about 5 years ago when it was on offer, which is still going (it was a few years before I actually started using it). It's Holts high performance, and hasn't frozen when diluted down to -9C we've had here.

It did take two delivery attempts. I was tracking the order on UPS website, when it switched from "out for delivery" to "burst - returning to sender". I bet that wasn't much fun in the back of the UPS van...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) saying something like:

The rest of the parcels wouldn't have frozen.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Nor does the Halford double concentrated stuff when all you have in your washer reservoir is a big lump of blue ice.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , Mr Pounder writes

Reply to
Ian Jackson

I've not had a problem with that over the last 7 days in either car. Despite the temp going down too -17 C not to far away from here last night.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

My Xantia's washers froze up weeks ago. Long motorway trip yesterday, took the garden killaspray with 5L of washer fluid in it and had my copilot shove it out of her window when the salt got too much.

A fine plan, scuppered for the first twenty minutes by not being able to get the windows to go down.

Left the remaining liquid in the car overnight and this morning it's thick slush.

Reply to
Skipweasel

For some small Renaults it's an engine-out job. The assumption is that it just won't ever go wrong.

Citroen XM required the front wing off.

Reply to
Andy Dingley