Winter Screen Wash

*DING*

The answer to life, the universe and all things wot need grinding ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Well that would explain most of your posts to uk.d-i-y.

Reply to
Steve Firth

On 21/12/2010 17:27, The Natural Philosopher wrote: ...

Surgical spirits BP can contain up to 39% of additives. Try using it as a cleaning agent and you will find it leaves an oily film behind. Industrial meths has nothing in it other than ethanol and methanol.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Why not just pop them in the freezer and check them with a thermometer as they thaw?

Reply to
newshound

Yup. Got through a full tank on a 250 mile round trip on the motorway on Friday.

Reply to
newshound

Bad move.

The pure solute does not have as low a freezing point as a solvent /solute mixture.

Derek G

Reply to
Derek G.

Surgical spirit has castor oil in it AFAIK, I doubt if you want castor oil on the wood.

Reply to
dennis

I tried wire wound resistors but it was nearly impossible to stop the bonnet mounted jets freezing. On newer cars where the jets are usually protected it would probably work if it gets too cold for washer stuff.

Reply to
dennis

We had our suspicions.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That'll be a "Yes", then. :o)

Reply to
Huge

Not so far as I know. It's the Discordian calendar.

From

Discordian calendar has five 73-day seasons: Chaos, Discord, Confusion, Bureaucracy, and The Aftermath. The Discordian year is aligned with the Gregorian calendar and begins on January 1, thus Chaos 1,

3176 YOLD is January 1, 2010 Gregorian.

The Erisian week consists of five days: Sweetmorn, Boomtime, Pungenday, Prickle-Prickle, and Setting Orange. The days of the week are named after the five basic Discordian elements: Sweet, Boom, Pungent, Prickle, and Orange. There are 73 of these weeks per year.

Reply to
Huge

So the holts performance screenwash bottle that I have is telling porkies is it? Instructions give various mixed strengths with 1:1 for protection to -16C and use neat to -32C?

Reply to
Vernon

Thanks.

TF

Reply to
Terry Fields

I suspect the 3 litre cheap wine boxes the tywat was on about. Or perhaps he's been to the 'place he knows' where the beer is 85p a pint.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sorry, I thought Huge had confused it with the pyridine stenching agent

Reply to
Andy Dingley

It's usually referred to as 60/40 IMS, which I guess you know anyway.

Reply to
Steve Firth

But it's probably not a neat solute, but already mixed in part with water

Reply to
chris French

No, its already part diluted

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Halfords own. Fiver for 5 litres undiluted.

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I was hoping not to have to go to that particular shop:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth