Windows / skimming

I have placed my order for UPVC Windows and Anglain Surveyor tells me it is better to fit the windows after the plastering is done to avoid dust and damage to the windows or to its mechanisms. I still have to lay my UFH system and screed, 1st Fix Electrics, Plastering.

He said if it were his house he would timber round the window frame and plaster up to the reveals in the meantime while other works are going on around the house and fit the windows after.

What are peoples views or experiences on this?

Sidkney

Reply to
SidKnee

You can do the bulk of the plastering first if you want, but the final plastering of the reveals will need to be done after the window goes in if you want it to look right IMHO. (Finish or multifinish plaster wipes off uPVC!)

Reply to
John Rumm

... providing the plasterer didn't first splash PVA all over it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Personally, I would board out the soffits with pine or ply (and painted) and apply architrave on the main wall itself. This way, the plaster gets nowhere near the window frame. It is a more traditional look, though, perhaps not appropriate to a modern property.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle