Windows of France

There is a french DIY supplier called Lapeyre who sells some rather nice looking windows. I think that they meet UK building regs, unless my schoolboy french is letting me down again. I am considering using them in my new house in UK, has anyone tried them, or had experience of building regs issues with non-UK sourced windows?

Reply to
roughbert strong

If they are double glazed, you can probably get away with them, but you may need to get U value certification.

In fact you may be able to use single glazed even - the key issue is that you approach energy calculations on an ovcerall basis rather than use the elemental method.

In all cases you will need some idea of their U value though. That the manufacturer can give you.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just had a quick look at the site, couldn't immediately find the bit about the regs, but if you are able to send a link or cut and paste the relevant bit I will have a look. The site is also in English, but perhaps the relevant bit isn't in the English section? Or perhaps you thought it was more fun in French? :-)

They seem to have a good reputation here, good products from what we have seen, a bit more pricey than some of the competitors but probably worth the difference in price. Priced some windows and doors for a client but the local joinery was less expensive. My husband fitted a staircase of theirs for a neighbour, that was good.

If no one comes up with any direct opinions or experience I will ask around.

HTH

-- Holly, in France. Holiday home in the Dordogne, website:

Holly, in France

Are you aware that with French windows the casements normally open inwards. This is a pain if you use curtains and display items on the window sill. I can certainly recommend Lapeyre their products are excellent. BobS

Reply to
BobS

Gosh I'm glad you mentioned that, I had forgotten about French windows, you can have the windows open and the shutters closed. RS

Reply to
roughbert strong