Windows live mail

I have just started using windows live mail after many years of using Outlook express for email and newsgroups and am stuck!

Can anyone tell me how to get it to insert the > symbols before the old text in my replies?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Apparently you can't Mike. There was a fair bit of discussion on this in the Windows 7 groups when Windows 7 first came out for general use.

This was one of the reasons I ditched Windows 7 and reverted back to XP (and Outlook Express 6).

Cash

Reply to
Cash

You could use Thunderbird

Reply to
Jim S

The easy way? Use Thunderbird or MS Outlook.

OE had Quotefix available, but it won't work on WLM, and OE won't install easily on Windows 7.

Reply to
John Williamson

Or agent. WLM is not fit for purpose as a newsreader.

Reply to
Graham.

I think you'll find that the last three words are redundant. HTH.

Reply to
John Williamson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

diwnload Thunderbird and totally utterly forget windows mail, which has been going backwards for years.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Agreed. Thunderbird is not that great, but its usable for this sort of banter.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I didn't think Outlook had a newsreader?

Reply to
fred

you can't with WLM v15, but if you sear there are instructions and downloads out there for removing v15 an installing the older v14 which does quoting properly ....

Reply to
Andy Burns

old M$ Live installer ...

Andy Burns

As I said Jim, it was one of the reasons - there were a few other things that I disliked with Windows 7 anyway.

As for Thunderbird, I tried that a few years ago when I went back to the local college for four years to learn how to play with and repair computers (I got bored with retirement) - but I preferred the way that Outlook Express did things and went back to it.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Thunderbird has moved on a bit since then I guess, but in any case it does not make a good newsreader, but then neither did OE. There are far better newsreaders around. I use 40tude Dialog and Xnews, but admit that neither of them is 'easy'. I would suggest Microplanet Gravity. Agent is good too, but not free.

Reply to
Jim S

This is WLM on win7. I didn't put the > in manually. So apparently you can (but I forget how).

Reply to
dennis

That works for me. Thanks Andy.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I think it depends on which version or live mail you have. I think 2009 does it but 2011 does not. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Cash

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Reply to
Martin

I'm using the 2011 version and wlmquote works just fine for me.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike