Windows 7 pro

In message , fred writes

Yes. The first one I tried unzipped OK but did not allow any alterations. Norton comments hinted at a minefield of doubtful sites so I didn't persist.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It marked a low period in his life.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You could use open office to re-save in an older MS office format.

Reply to
John Rumm

A policy called "embrace and extend" (or how to take a non-proprietary open format and slowly make it proprietary!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes or several other strategies suggested as a work around.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , fred writes

What, like this?

;-)

Reply to
geoff

M$ Office often struggles with documents created by different versions of itself.

Reply to
Mark
[-snip-]

However VirtualPC is _very_ slow and, therefore, not particularly useable. If you're not concerned about the licensing issue then I'd suggest using VirtualBox instead.

Reply to
Mark

Its slower compared to other options, however on modern hardware its unlikely to be a problem running old XP software - it will still probably be faster than it was on your previous machine IYSIM.

They have also integrated it in such a way as to make it a bit more transparent.

Indeed...

Reply to
John Rumm