window stuck with old paint

My sash window won't open because of old paint has glued it shut. Any idea how to unstick the window? I could use paint stripper then repaint but I'm hoping for a less labour intensive solution here.

Reply to
neil leslie

A stanley knife and cut fingers

Reply to
EricP

"neil leslie" wrote | My sash window won't open because of old paint has glued it shut. | Any idea how to unstick the window? I could use paint stripper | then repaint but I'm hoping for a less labour intensive solution | here.

Butter-knife blade in the crack, and a squirt of WD40.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If they're anything like mine a blunt chisel and hammer and a bit of brute force. I restored all of mine using a DIY kit from http:\\

they were in a right mess, work a treat now

Richard

Reply to
Richard

If they're anything like my ones used to be a blunt chissel, hammer and some good old brute force will work, although if your not planning on restoring them you'll have to be careful not to completely bugger them up. I'm in the process of restoring/draft sealing mine using the kits on: http:\\

ropes, weights, staff bead, parting bead etc They look and work a treat once done although it is labour intensive if you want to do it properly but not too bad if you just want to draft seal and not worry too much about decoration.

Richard

Reply to
Richard