Window mouldings for sheds - can one get tanalized?

I'm replacing the (quite large) windows in a shed/sunhouse. The existing supports are very rotten but the basic shed is OK still. So I'm looking for tanalized (or otherwise protected) window moldings but I can't find any.

Is the norm to DIY the window bars, as in use a square section and add a narrower bit to make a window bar or have my Google searches been for the wrong thing?

The old (rotten) window bars are basically 45x45mm with two corners removed, i.e. something like:-

____ _| |_ | | | | ------

If I can buy some ready made in treated timber it would save a lot of time and hassle.

Reply to
Chris Green

The wet nature of the the tanalising / treatment means that it is only done on structural timber, never joinery timber, which has to be dry. It should be sufficient to brush on some preservative afterwards.

TimW

Reply to
TimW

Also tanalising is pretty ineffective now. They have done away with the copper and Arsenic.

Reply to
harry

Well my tanalized timber seems to last pretty well, especially compared with untreated.

Reply to
Chris Green

Once upon a time it did. New stuff only lasts three or four years in a damp situation.

28CCA.29
Reply to
harry