Window insulation kits?

I've been looking for some inexpensive window insulation kits (you know the type: like sheets of cling film that's taped around the window frame) but can't seem to find them anymore. My flat is absolutely freezing because of the combination of draughty single-glazed sash windows and the current cold winds!
If anyone can help, or offer alternative suggestions (I've already taped up the gaps in the frames) I'd be *extremely* grateful! I don't mind ordering from abroad if necessary.
Many thanks,
t.

Large sheets of clear plastic will do the same job. Just tape it around the inner frame and not on the window sash.
"Trevor May" wrote | I've been looking for some inexpensive window insulation kits (you know | the type: like sheets of cling film that's taped around the window frame) | but can't seem to find them anymore. My flat is absolutely freezing because | of the combination of draughty single-glazed sash windows and the current | cold winds!
Polycell No More Draughts Window Insulation Film
Last time I bought it was at B&Q but you could try Polycell in Welwyn Garden City, Herts 01707 328131
It was available in double-sided-sticky-tape and snap cap sections.
Owain

Sadly, they no longer make it. Thanks for your suggestion though.
t.
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:23:26 +0100, "Trevor May"

Homebase - fiver for a pack that will do about three windows. Also check out D-i-Y Plastics.
Barley Twist (Please put out the cats to reply direct)

My local Homebase(s) had nothing, unfortunately. I did try DIY Plastics but their options are a little more expensive than I'd hoped.
t.
Wilkinsons they have two types, ones a fiver the other is a tenner iirc.
steve