Wind mended ?

I see that wind is now producing some 2.5GW after 3 weeks of producing less than a GW. They've obviously mended it, it must have been broken.

What I want to know is what arrangements there are for a refund after this long outage. After all, we were promised 5GW of continuous power, "enough for umpty-ump homes".

I'm told there is an expert called "harry" on this ng, is he about? Perhaps he could give us an update on how we get a refund from the wind power station people. As it's only common sense to suppose that the wind company is held to the same contractual requirements as other energy sources, I'd like to know what the arrangements are.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I've a similar bone to pick with the sun company. Having got used to

150-200 litres of hot water in the store each day, I woke this morning to find only 44 litres of usable hot water predicted by the system. It is just not good enough. One starts to wonder if fossil fuels and nuclear are the reliable way ahead???
Reply to
Bob Minchin

Come on you know the answer to that one, we pay them not to generate. B-)

How on earth does it do that?

I'm quite amused by the "energy" meter on our solar controller. It uses the delta T between the store bottom and the collector top with the flow rate. ATM that is about 30 C at 3l/min or something over 6 kW, from 3m^2 of collector at 1030 on a bright but hazy day? Pull the other one.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Would you not have to claim from God for not giving them the wind in the right amounts and at the right times?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Why not, just as well claim for the lack of a fictional power source from a fictional source of power.....

Reply to
greyridersalso

I don't have to claim from God; the contract is with the Wind Power Corp. So I claim from them. If they want to make an onwards claim that's a matter for them.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The Natural Philosopher