Wind Farming, its the new council house....

Grammar makes about as much sense as the idea;

spin being put on this development is that it will pay for 500 new homes, quite why a Housing Assosciation is getting involved in power generation and in reality energy futures really isn`t that clear.

Bit like the Borders nowadays , very few areas clear of a 100m+ turbine on the horizon.

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

I think it makes it perfectly clear - they think it is a licence to print money.

John

Reply to
JohnW

Have you ever noticed how even on a windless day, opening a door each side of your house creates a draught? I wonder if this effect could be harnessed in some way.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

3 turbines wouldn't contribute much at all I'd have thought.

'Affordable' housing does actually mean something in Scotland - unlike in England where it's 80% of market rent.

I'd imagine the turbine-housng package was a ruse to get through planning and attract housing subsidy.

Rob

Reply to
RJH

Except on a hot summer night when you MOST want it to ...

Presumably it works best when one downstairs and one upstairs is opened, but I'm not keen on leaving downstairs windows open.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In my HA we concentrate on energy systems that benefit the tenants directly (high efficiency insulation, solar water heating), not on trying to compete with the electricity supply companies.

At one point the previous government strong-armed us into expanding into build-to-sell against our better judgement. We carefully ring-fenced it to protect the core letting business from it, wisely, as once we'd started building the market crashed. We then strong-armed the government into allowing us to put them into the rental stock, just like we should have been doing inthe first place.

JGH

Reply to
jgh

Leave your doors open? Yes that is exactly like wind turbines and solar PV.

Someone walks in, steals from the poor, and gives to the rich.

Reply to
The Other Mike

ROFLMAO!

Reply to