Willen trading.co.uk - anyone bought from them?

Thanks, I've emailed you at what I hope is the correct address - by removing the obvious from your stated address.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I've been here all the time, where have you been is more to the point! I think you'll find the first two are also still lurking here.

Reply to
Grimly Fiendish

Wether they've actually got it is another question but they don't say they haven't.

only here:
?ie=UTF8&tag=shopwiki-uk-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738You can't be choosy if you really want it.

Reply to
Grimly Fiendish

Rather than pay anything above market rate for a basic 19" 4:3 TN panel monitor just to get one identical, I suggest selling the one you have on Ebay and buying two new identical 4:3 monitors - preferably with 3yr onsite warranty. Otherwise if one fails you are back to square one AND paid above market rate to do so.

If the original were an IPS for reasonable photoshop work it is a different matter, it isn't.

Reply to
js.b1

I bought an LCD TV / DVD player from them about a year ago. It was obviously one of Tesco's end-of-line models with all the labels removed from both the TV and the box. The price was good, including the non-delivery charge, and I collected it from them immediately after purchase; it worked just fine straight out of the box, and is still working so I can't comment on their after-sales service.

Reply to
Allan

Doesn't this suggest that the name was sold to Liquidity Services Inc., who are now using it to trade as a new company, separate from the old one? It's possible they didn't take on the liabilities such as outstanding warranties. That might explain problems experienced recently in the pre-Administration period (when the company was failing) or post period, when warranties were invalidated.

The web-site still proclaims a 12-month warranty on all goods sold.

Reply to
Jim

erm... 6 months when I just looked ....

JimK

Company Name: Willen Trading Street Address: Unit 9 Northfield Drive City: Milton Keynes Province/State: Buckinghamshire Country/Region: United Kingdom Zip: MK15 0DQ Telephone: 44-01908-609003

Reply to
JimK

I would expect with a name like Liquidity services that they are a liquidation company !!

Reply to
Grimly Fiendish

I read it on "About us":

"With a 7 day no quibble return policy and a full 12 month warranty on all of the products we sell, shopping with Willen Trading couldn't be easier."

Their e-Bay adverts also say 12 months.

Reply to
Jim

another warning bell there too then!

they seem to be an arm of a "disposal of rejected/broken goods from Argos" type company... do a google there's lashings of info about them and their close relations - mostly negative...

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

I haven't seen Chris Game on here for years. Freda vanished even via e-mail and mail. Who is PW? I see Mike elsewhere, often taunting the village idiots if he is the same one.

Reply to
Andrew Taylor

Hello Andrew

Hope you are still enjoying life on the wrong side of the pond.

Poor Freda i was so sorry for her after what happened to JR, Virginmedia (which i now use) do not carry the Wanadoo newsgroups so i lost touch with her and everyone when they all moved over from freeserve h.m.

PW? should be PB, keyboard dyslexia strikes again ;(

Reply to
Mike

I think i saw a post from him last year, i also have a feeling he may have made one or two posts with another name, i reckon still lurking!

Reply to
Grimly Fiendish

He's lurking in Penrith, waiting for spring to come with the daffs. And then he'll descend into the Lakes and God's own country!

Ed

Reply to
Ed Cryer

He's lurking in Penrith, waiting for spring to come with the daffs. And then he'll descend into the Lakes and God's own country!

Ed

Reply to
Ed Cryer

He's lurking in Penrith, waiting for spring and the daffs! And then he descends on the Lake District.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Cryer

Sorry about the triple posting. News-server problem! Nothing to do with me!!!

Ed

Reply to
Ed Cryer

And another. The first was eight minutes between whilst this one appears to be a repeat at the same time.

Is this the same for others?

Reply to
Clot

Said he with three exclamation marks. However, on this occasion I'm feeling generous and will let you off! ;)

Reply to
Clot