Will this two work together

I am looking to buy this holesaw:

this arbor work with it:

JoeJoe

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 22:33:26 +0100, JoeJoe wrote (in article ):

=/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp%3Fid%3D12437%26p%3Dx4

I believe that this is the correct one - I have a few cutters from this range. There is a smaller arbor which is used with smaller cutters and which does not have the two projecting pins to lock in the top of the cutter to prevent rotation.

The web site descriptions and photos of the various arbors are somewhat screwed up. This one is not an SDS fitting (at least on mine)

You could call them and check. FWIW, B&Q carry this range as well.

If you think you might be using several different cutters then the packs (11002 or 18459) give a lower price.

Reply to
Andy Hall

holesaws and arbours are interchangable with other brands. At the bottom of the page of the holesaw,it gives you three different arbours for the holesaw,although it doesn't specifically say for that holesaw all three will fit.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

>> =/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp%3Fid%3D12437%26p%3Dx4

Why is there nearly 37 minutes between you posting after me and your post has gone before me?

Or is your clock gone skeewiff?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 00:06:49 +0100, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote (in article ):

No idea

All of my server and desktop machine clocks are NTP synchronised and correct.

Reply to
Andy Hall

One point to note with the screwfix one, it has a hex shank that will not fit in a 3/8" chuck - it needs at least a 1/2" chuck. This may be an issue on some cordless drills.

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , The3rd Earl Of Derby writes

Because Andys was posted before yours.

Andy's was posted at 22:54 BST, yours was posted at 23.33 BST., it would appear that your newsreader is not displaying the correct time, have a look at the headers.

No, but your newsreader seem to be broken.

Reply to
chris French

I post the reply to the OP 17 minutes before MrHalls.

My clock says 13:30 lets see at what time it stamps the date on the NG?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Yup 1 minute slow so it appears my posting is near enough spot on.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

He asked wether the arbours would fit the cutter.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Because the 11mm shank is bigger than the 10mm maximum opening of the smaller chucks obviously.

He did indeed. You pointed out that arbours and cutters are often interchangeable (he did not ask about that either!), and I was adding some extra information that the OP may wish to consider when selecting an arbour.

Reply to
John Rumm

Lol you read it wrong what I meant was why didn't you tell the OP.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Not according to the message headers.

From Andy's headers:

Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 22:54:56 +0100

i.e. posted at 22.54.56 BST (the +0100 indicates a 1 hour later offset from UTC - because we are in BST))

From your headers:

Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:33:36 GMT

Note the Date header from your news client is in GMT, the headers indicate your message was posted at 23.33.36 BST - 39 minutes later

Maybe it was displaying Andy's time incorrectly? BTW this is being posted at 23.16 BST (23.16 +0100 UTC)

Reply to
chris French