Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

That's not the issue. The rollers underneath are not round.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Wishful thinking? Remember the Labour governments of the 70's?

When the politicians of both governing parties get caught out in telling lies don't resign and refuse to legislate in the best interests of the people they are supposed to represent, then society recognises that there is no right or wrong. We jail a man for killing a burglar on his property, then reduce the very short sentence of an asylum seeker, driving without insurance or license, who has killed someone. We imprison more motorists than burglars, use speed cameras, traffic wardens as tax gatherers and expect the people to be law abiding. Justice,you must be joking! We have now introduced the courts into IR legislation, inflicted so many conditions and regulations upon our businesses that many are operating outside the law! The rest are heading offshore as fast as possible.

No wonder the society is not law abiding, only the lawyers can see a good future!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

I used them a hell of a lot, although with the London-Paris run yoiu did not use them too much.

< snip total drivel >
Reply to
IMM

Of course I would. We need a meritocracy, not a medieval set up.

We are well overdue. The French revolution was a 180 degree change and that has worked exceptionally well.

Not all.

Reply to
IMM

Which is most of London

Reply to
IMM

They've tried to discourage sleeping on the benches by replacing them in a lot of places with individual plastic seats. However, you wouldn't want to sit on one because there is usually food and mysterious substances squashed on them.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh, the desperation of the Maggie-haters. It would be amusing if it weren't so pathetic.

Reply to
Huge

Normal people keep their balance, its all that top weight you have.

Reply to
IMM

Fabulous!

Reply to
IMM

Hmmm..... The question then becomes the definition of what "merit" is. That will be different for different people.

Most French people that I know are not hugely enamoured by what has become a huge centralised bureaucracy.

I can't think of any off hand, can you?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

He should ask her to clear up the kitchen after dinner then.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It certainly is not the Eton/Harrow/Oxbridge/Guards crap that we have.

All of them since 1789? I was there when they celebrated the 200th anniversary. All were delighted with the results. When is ours?

That figures.

Reply to
IMM

You try standing on a bouncy moving belt sloping upwards at probably at least 30 degrees. I saw a couple of quite slight teenagers come to grief on one this week and somebody needed to hit the emergency stop causing two other people to fall. What would happen in the case of a fire, I have no idea.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I did a changeover at O'Hare about 10 years ago, and similarly had a 4 hour enforced stopover.

Nice airport, but my recollection is the same as yours. Only plastic seats to rest your weary bum, and absolutely nowhere where you could comfortably crash out.

PoP

PoP

So what would you say that it is?

At least one would know the aristocrats were. But the faceless bureaucrats? Are they any more accountable?

Of having a day off and excuse for a party?

They are eating cake now at least... :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm with Chou En-Lai, who reportedly said it was too soon to tell.

Reply to
Huge

In article , Mike Mitchell writes

Then you really don't deserve to have the vote - A vote for the Lib Dems is a vote for Labour - think about it (hint: splitting the opposition vote)

Reply to
Andrew

In article , IMM writes

And after 7 years in Power, Phoney has yet to do anything about it, apart from WASTE £10 billion on the Kings Cross redevelopment - so that the Kinnocks (un-electable in this country remember) can get to their offices in Sprouts by the cheapest route, while being allowed to claim the cost of going the whole way by taxi and first class scheduled air routes.

Reply to
Andrew

In article , Andy Hall writes

Indeed, on the TV news this week the Dutch government were reported to be sending thousands of illegal 'asylum' seekers home, and demolishing the seedy, infested blocks of 'soshal housing' with the intention of replacing same with up-market housing. The pictures broadcast did not give me the impression that here was an example if IMM's vision of a clean, well-ordered Euro country. It looked more like down town (= run down) Lahore or Cairo.

Reply to
Andrew

In article , IMM writes

As it is here, St. Pauls Bristol, Moss Side Manchester, Brixton, Toxteth.

Reply to
Andrew