Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

Page 6 of 16
writes

apart from WASTE 10 billion on the Kings Cross redevelopment - so that the Kinnocks (un-electable in this country remember) can get to their offices in Sprouts by the cheapest route, while being allowed to claim the cost of going the whole way by taxi and first class scheduled air routes.
--
Andrew

Yes, it is! The UK is unique certainly within Europe. I reckon we have the highest number of records in the lowest categories of achievement.
MM
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:09:48 +0000, Mike Mitchell

That you may, but I see evidence of positive and negative things in each country.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Ours seems to be top-heavy in the negatives.
MM

..and Tone has been trying to stop this.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

LOL, so funny Andy.
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:07:45 +0000, Mike Mitchell

I suppose it depends on what you are looking for.
I prefer the glass to be half full. It's more optimistic than half empty and the reality is the same.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Here's an example, hot off the press. Today we have had Oliver Letwin explaining some of the Tories' proposals for spending should they be elected. It looks like the public services are going to be pared back somewhat.
However, tonight the Trevor McDonald programme on ITV had a piece about the dreadful lack of midwives in the UK and the effect this is having on births all over the country. Apparently we are 10,000 (ten thousand!) midwives short. The midwives that there are are having to work long hours to cope with the pressure.
So, if anything, both Labour and the Tories should be ploughing in *more* taxpayers' money into the NHS, not less. Another item on the news today was the industrial action by job centre staff and others in that category. A public servant's starting salary mentioned earlier in the day was just over 9,000, so it's no wonder they're out on strike. How can the fourth richest country (so called) allow this to continue? And then wonder why we can't get the staff and increasingly have to rely on people from countries far worse than ours but who are willing to work for a pittance.
Adam Crozier, Royal Mail boss on the other hand gets a basic (basic!) salary of half a million quid! The top people in many other industries receive similar huge sums of dosh. I'd say, a couple of hundred grand should be enough for anybody.
So while managers everywhere are getting paid what I believe to be excessive remunerations, plus perks, share options, and golden goodbyes, we do not have enough staff to run a vital part of the NHS! Neither Gordon's nor Olive's sums add up at all.
MM
kylix snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk says...

For which they get more money than other people in similar professions.

Why not just introduce better tax breaks for people wishing to take private medical care...?

Life has winners and losers. Sounds terribly harsh but should they strike simply because they are low paid? Whilst I believe in freedom I also believe that those people went into those low paid jobs on low pay. If they had all gone in at 30k then had their money cut to 9k I could understand.

This has always been the way since slavery...

Why though? Typical left view (not that I am saying that that is wrong in itself if you can back it up). Adam's salary should be set at a level which he would earn in the next best employment (opportunity cost) for this is the way of the free market.
Are you the communist who would cap earnings at a couple of hundred grand?

A third of my family are employed by the NHS and I can only agree. However, nothing will be done on the back of strikes.

But do people care?
If that many people were bothered about our friend Brown he would be out tomorrow.
--
http://www.sausagefans.com
says...

Some people have no logic or reasoning. The country is short of certain medical people. Shifting millions over to private will only starve the NHS of valuable staff.
says...

Show me one good doctor who just does private work and I'll show you ten who are able to afford to do both private and public work because of private work.
Of course, what would I know, I clearly lack logic or reasoning.
--
http://www.sausagefans.com

Of couse.
says...

I always amuses me when semi-troll lefties like yourself can provide no back argument.
--
http://www.sausagefans.com

You clearly have no objectivity, being brainwashed by right wing views that all private is brill, when that clearly is not the case.
Look at the big picture. Find out who own and runs the Uk, and for whose benefit, which is not you and me. Read Who Runs Britain by Paxman and Who Own Britain by Cahill. Understand them and then you will see a ruling class of people who think they have the almighty right to rule, or heavily influence matters and live the life of Riley to boot, while excluding others (you and me). Voting Tory is shafting yourself, your family and friends.
says...

If you say so.

But the point is voting left is sometimes even more right.
--
http://www.sausagefans.com

Thank you.

You are confused. Every tried therapy?
IMM wrote in message ...
snip drivel Capitol

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
says...

Nothing is solve at all. It is just shuffling the same furniture around the same room. duh!