Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

You are annoyed because Dracula is not in charge. Andy, you will have to get to now how the Uk is run and who the greatest benefactors are. And it isn't you and me. The biggest takers name begins with Qu.

Reply to
IMM

That's for sure.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Ask yourself, why do we need "anti-social" laws? (I assume you mean legislation to confront anti-social behaviour.) What is so wrong particularly with *British* society that so many citizens, not just the young, appear to have absolutely no sense of right and wrong at all? How many kids dread their parents being called to the school to talk to the teacher, when they know that the teacher could easily face a head-butting from a crazed father? British society is incredibly confrontational.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

That is it, and even more.

We are now seeing the results of "Thatcher's children". She said there is no such thing as society and promoted in a big way, me, me, me. Millions of kids were brought up in that era being indoctrinated with selfishness and non sense of community, and it now shows.

Britain is filthy. Travel around western Europe,: France: Germany, Holland, etc. Britain is strewn with litter and fly tipping. Travellers persecute rural areas (and urban too) and when eventually are moved on leave the place strewn with filth that cost many 1000s to clear up.

Blame Thatcher. New Lab is left with the mess and is putting that right by legislation and civil lessons at school. Great moves by New Lab. Although root cause analysis says it is even deeper and constitutional change can only stop it at source. Legislation is welcome, but only treating the symptoms not the cause. Many blame the latchkey kids as homes require two parents to work to support the family. Only 7% of homes have the mother at home all day. Why? Because we pay far too much in mortgages. Why? Because we have an artificial land shortage ramping up land, and hence house prices (2/3 of the value of the average house is the value of the land). Get the land sorted out, get the house prices down to affordable levels, and then only the Dad need go out to work to support the family, then more stable children and families. All quite simple.

Reply to
IMM

Yes of course that's it!, in fact blame her long after she's dead!...

Well....IMM...for president!....

Reply to
tony sayer

Over a decade of Thatcherism and its subsequent continuation by other means.

Reply to
Simon Gardner

Well said.

Reply to
IMM

Yep! Works for me! But the Labour Government will do none of the above, only promise to.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

It is doing the legislation and civil lesson bit. It is the land that needs to be addressed pronto.

Reply to
IMM

I don't think that that was it, but rather an encouragement to take responsibility for one's own environment and outcome rather than expecting the state to do it. There's a big difference between taking responsibility for one's self and family as opposed to being selfish and having no consideration for others.

As a guiding principle, one should be able to do what one likes provided that it does not impinge on the equal right of others to do what they like.

I don't think that there was indoctrination about selfishness and certainly nothing specific to the UK. My observation is that this is a worldwide problem reflected by the media.

I do. Extensively.

So are the other countries that you mention, and in about the same amount. The only place where I have noticed a substantial difference is in Monaco.

That happens everywhere as well.

For what? One can always level a charge sheet against a former prime minister. Those of Wilson and Callaghan hardly show them as paragons of virtue.

Constitutional change has very little to do with it. There is a complete spectrum of constitutional structures all over the western world and they all have the societal difficulties that we do.

That has been the case since the 50s.

Because women also want to pursue a career outside the home and society doesn't hold staying at home and bringing up kids in high esteem any longer. It doesn't reward women equally in the workplace either, but that's another story.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall
[41 lines snipped]

You forgot about the appointment of Czars, focus groups, outreach consultants, communications directors ...

Reply to
Huge

Our resident Little Middle Englander comes in to defend the indefensible. He enters the fray.....

It was.

NO. She encouraged Me, me, me, F**k you I'm all right.

Little Middle Englander continues...

The wicked witch encouraged the latter. I know I was there, I saw it. I was, amongst millions of others, totally disgusted at what was enfolding before our very eyes.

The Little Middle Englander goes on.....

Millions saw differently.

Not so. The UK is particularly bad.

Little Middle Englander says...

Nowhere near to the disgusting levels of the UK. Although in recent years, since New Lab got on the job, it has got better.

Little Middle Englander says...

Millions do not share that view, as they too see the marked difference.

Not to the levels of the Thatcher inspired UK

Little Middle Englander exclaims.

The appalling bad attitude of the generation she influenced.

Compared to the Wicked Witch Thatcher, theya reparagons of virtue.

The naivety of the Little Middle Englander abounds.....

He is unable to identify the root cause .

Not to the levels of the UK.

And that may be so, but worse under the Wicked Witch. And yes the 1947 T&C Planning act was in effect in the 1950s too.

Our Little Middle Englander retorts...

Compared to the number of women about very few are career women, and the vast majority want to be at home with the kiddies.

Our Little Middle Englander has strange views on society .....

They have no choice. Either live in a sink estate or both parent work and the family suffers, and hence society at large.

Reply to
IMM

While I understand that you have little to no control over the pseudo-political crap you spout, do you have to be so insulting while doing it?

Reply to
Grunff

indefensible.

Well when you say it as it is, I have no control. You are right.

Who is insulting? How dare you!

Reply to
IMM

Now I know that my mood may not have been all it could be for the last Trotsky. Maybe it's me being impatient, but I don't even laugh at his posts anymore, just skip past them. As such, he has dropped into my killfile today.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

indefensible.

Thank You.

Reply to
IMM

See? I still can't make any sense. There should have been another sentence in there, but the gist is, IMM is killfiled as he seems to serve no useful purpose.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Well, I must say I have also been disappointed with his performance of late. AFA I'm concerned, his primary purpose is to keep other trolls away - that's how he earns his troll food. But the recent invasions clearly demonstrate that he is neglecting those duties.

Reply to
Grunff

Another of the Thatcher influenced can't take it. Sad really, very sad. New Lab has a hell of a job on its hands changing the warped mentality of this bunch.

Reply to
IMM

More Little Middle Englanders! Sad isn't it.

Reply to
IMM