Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

I meant IMM, not MPs. But you're right.

Absolutely. I see very little difference between any of them.

Reply to
Huge

You should have said: "What an actor! Brilliant!" Blair has less behind the facade than a Hollywood film set.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Good idea. I think we've covered most of the possible angles on that.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Only a temporary solution I'm afraid.

Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Summerfield

Could I reserve two extra pages please - one covering the IMM principles of converting a cold roof into a warm roof, and the other explaining his miraculous theory of how to heat up just the top of a hot water cylinder using the coil at the bottom.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Taylor

Be honest, whatever creed, they're all actors and BS merchants

Reply to
ralph

But the Lib Dems less so, in my opinion. Give them a go! How can they possibly be worse than Labour or Conservative? We have now had the proof (18 years of the Tories, 7 years of "New" Labour) to know that they wouldn't be able to find their way out of a paper bag if it had a hole at both ends.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Good idea!

Reply to
IMM

They ruled LB Richmond for 18 years. The RICS Journal c.1992 advised anyone thinking of applying for planning permission (talking of serious developments, not householder apps) to start work on the appeal before submitting the application as refusal was probable - nearly every major retail scheme in the Borough only got through on appeal and during this period Twickenham town centre was allowed to decay whilst our neighbours went out and fought for new investment.

Having said this we have a truly excellent LD MP in Vincent Cable.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Sad days indeed. Poverty and deprivation in abundance.

The best we have had in countless decades.

I am basically an ABC, Anyone But Conservative. But New Lab, is aiming for desperately needed constitutional change, so they have to stay. The country have to break these elf interest Medieval institutions.

Reply to
IMM

Really?

That doesn't compute. What little constitutional change is needed doesn't require TB

What about gnomes and dwarves?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall
[16 lines snipped]

Absolutely. I still remember doing my A level revision by Tilley lamp. Rotting rubbish in the streets. Unburied dead. Having to be rescued by the IMF, like some Third World banana republic. Oh, no, hang on. That was the last Labour Government.

Of course not. IMM's mad.

"Best"? Define "best"?

What like throwing out all the Tory yes-men in the Lords and replacing them with Labour yes-men. That's a *huge* advance. Not.

And won't happen anyway. Nothing that's likely to threaten the position of the incumbent will happen.

*grin*
Reply to
Huge

Yes, Andy, in the real world there was.

Andy, the UK requires massive constitutional change, to rid ourselves of a tier of parasites.

And snakes as well.

Reply to
IMM

I'm all for modernisation, but Labour is breaking the kinds of traditions that have served Britain so well for centuries. Lord Woolf today warned against the Draconian proposals to change the justice system, and hardly a day goes by when Blunkett doesn't try out his latest "Heydrich" manoeuvre. We already have the largest prison population in Europe, yet the Govt seems desperate to lock ever more people away, while preventing Maxine Carr from utilising HDC, a thoroughly political decision merely to appease the right-wing gutter press.

Basically, this Labour government is not the Labour of old, neither is it Tory or liberal, but some weird hybrid, led by Tony Blair in a very dogmatic, but wrong, fashion. I dread to think what Blair actually has in his mind as the ideal blueprint for Britain over the next ten, twenty years, but I'll bet not many citizens will like it much.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

That's curious. I'm in the real world and did not see substantive evidence of that at that time. However, I was approached by somebody last week trying to sell the Big Issue and this wasn't under the arches at Waterloo station.

Such as cabinet ministers.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I don't think that it would matter to him as long as it led to his career aim of being life president of the United States of Europe.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

WE could all have a dictatorship if you want and live in bliss.

Reply to
IMM

I thought we did, but I wouldn't use "bliss" as a term to describe it....... .andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Your last statement is your most accurate.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall