Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

Page 4 of 16

I don't think that that was it, but rather an encouragement to take responsibility for one's own environment and outcome rather than expecting the state to do it. There's a big difference between taking responsibility for one's self and family as opposed to being selfish and having no consideration for others.
As a guiding principle, one should be able to do what one likes provided that it does not impinge on the equal right of others to do what they like.

I don't think that there was indoctrination about selfishness and certainly nothing specific to the UK. My observation is that this is a worldwide problem reflected by the media.

I do. Extensively.

So are the other countries that you mention, and in about the same amount. The only place where I have noticed a substantial difference is in Monaco.

That happens everywhere as well.

For what? One can always level a charge sheet against a former prime minister. Those of Wilson and Callaghan hardly show them as paragons of virtue.

Constitutional change has very little to do with it. There is a complete spectrum of constitutional structures all over the western world and they all have the societal difficulties that we do.

That has been the case since the 50s.

Because women also want to pursue a career outside the home and society doesn't hold staying at home and bringing up kids in high esteem any longer. It doesn't reward women equally in the workplace either, but that's another story.
<snip babble>
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Our resident Little Middle Englander comes in to defend the indefensible. He enters the fray.....

It was.

NO. She encouraged Me, me, me, F**k you I'm all right.
Little Middle Englander continues...

The wicked witch encouraged the latter. I know I was there, I saw it. I was, amongst millions of others, totally disgusted at what was enfolding before our very eyes.

The Little Middle Englander goes on.....

Millions saw differently.

Not so. The UK is particularly bad.

Little Middle Englander says...

Nowhere near to the disgusting levels of the UK. Although in recent years, since New Lab got on the job, it has got better.
Little Middle Englander says...

Millions do not share that view, as they too see the marked difference.

Not to the levels of the Thatcher inspired UK

Little Middle Englander exclaims.

The appalling bad attitude of the generation she influenced.

Compared to the Wicked Witch Thatcher, theya reparagons of virtue.

The naivety of the Little Middle Englander abounds.....

He is unable to identify the root cause .

Not to the levels of the UK.

And that may be so, but worse under the Wicked Witch. And yes the 1947 T&C Planning act was in effect in the 1950s too.

Our Little Middle Englander retorts...

Compared to the number of women about very few are career women, and the vast majority want to be at home with the kiddies.
Our Little Middle Englander has strange views on society .....

They have no choice. Either live in a sink estate or both parent work and the family suffers, and hence society at large.
IMM wrote:

While I understand that you have little to no control over the pseudo-political crap you spout, do you have to be so insulting while doing it?
--
Grunff

indefensible.
Well when you say it as it is, I have no control. You are right.

Who is insulting? How dare you!

Now I know that my mood may not have been all it could be for the last Trotsky. Maybe it's me being impatient, but I don't even laugh at his posts anymore, just skip past them. As such, he has dropped into my killfile today.

indefensible.
posts
Thank You.

See? I still can't make any sense. There should have been another sentence in there, but the gist is, IMM is killfiled as he seems to serve no useful purpose.
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:

Well, I must say I have also been disappointed with his performance of late. AFA I'm concerned, his primary purpose is to keep other trolls away - that's how he earns his troll food. But the recent invasions clearly demonstrate that he is neglecting those duties.
--
Grunff

sentence
useful
More Little Middle Englanders! Sad isn't it.

posts
Another of the Thatcher influenced can't take it. Sad really, very sad. New Lab has a hell of a job on its hands changing the warped mentality of this bunch.

I thought that that was your forte.

I don't recall her use of the F-word.......

Where?
I wonder if it was the same millions who can now see through the current regime.

Not from my observation.

Not my observation, and I typically spend around a third of my time outside the UK.

I don't think so.

Which I suppose leaves millions who do.

I don't believe that any government has that fine level of influence.

A worldwide issue. I don't believe that MT, even in her wildest dreams imagined that she had that level of influence.

When is your next trip to the optician's?

The root cause is the regular changing of policies by successive governments on issues that take at least a generation for an effect to be seen.

Don't get out much, do you?

I'd never seen our "first lady" in quite that way.

I would ask around about that if I were you, but you might want to wear a cricket box when doing so; assuming that it is relevant of course.

I don't disagree with you about the integrity of the family, but there are numerous causes of juvenile crime and antisocial behaviour.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

No you are the Little Middle Englander, not me.

That was the only word she left out.

In the UK Andy, not on Mars or in snakeland.

The current regime can be seen straight through. It is transparent for all to see.

Well from Mars or Snakeland you might get a strange view of matters.

Do you ever look?

I know so, Andy.

That is even more millions who do.

The Wicked Witch did.

Which you are obviously one.

She tried and did get to the hard of thinking.

Thank you for your concern of my welfare. When ate you due the clinic?

As I said "He is unable to identify the root cause". Very sad.

All the time and everywgere.

A Little Middle Englander would not.

Women do want to care for their children full time.

And only having 7% of mothers at home full time is by far the biggest, and it all comes down to land availability. We have the land...

Err, I believe you introduced that label, none of the words of which actually apply.

That's a common thread to a lot of things that are spinning.

I certainly notice if somewhere is or isn't clean.

I think you have a vivid imagination.

A little older than that.

So, I'm curious as to why you're not a devout supporter.

In English please.

TB you mean?

From dance hall to dance hall?

Some do, and some would like to combine a career with raising children.

That's a gross oversimplification and misses all the issues.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

<Snip IMM's inane drivel>

Methinks the irony just went whoosh, straight over your head.

Well, I just showed my wife your post, and her response was that if you're ever in Barnsley please come over, she like to introduce you to a good solid right hook.
Cheers Clive
<Snip inane drivel>

You must be picking up usenet when you are abroad then - hardly a day goes by when you haven't contributed something positive to this newsgroup! :)
PoP

VPNs make many things possible.
It's surprising how many places have wireless hot spots now. There are starting to be roaming agreements between operators as well and prices are starting to fall.
One of the main railway routes in Germany is experimenting with satellite provided internet services and a number of the airlines as well.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Can you tell me which day this was?
IMM wrote:

<OMG!!>
It would be pretty hilarious for anyone to question the positive contribution Andy makes to the group, but coming from you it's a real gem.
--
Grunff

Well tell me the day this happened and I'll Google it.